Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanksgiving
ComStar MercNet > Administration > Messaging Center
Captain Desparado
Here's the catch: You must answer these questions two:

Question the first:

What are you thankful for in the battletech universe? Doubleheat sinks? Omni technology? Shiny X-Pulse lasers? A certain faction or acheivement or historical event in the BT universe.

Question the second:

Outside of this site, what are you really thankful for?
Corporal James Norrington
QUOTE(Captain Desparado @ Nov 22 2006, 04:20 AM) *

Here's the catch: You must answer these questions two:

Question the first:

What are you thankful for in the battletech universe? Doubleheat sinks? Omni technology? Shiny X-Pulse lasers? A certain faction or acheivement or historical event in the BT universe.

Question the second:

Outside of this site, what are you really thankful for?

Q1: Gauss rifles.
Q2: Gauss rifles.
Captain Desparado
^^ROFL!!^^

1. I'm grateful for Clan tech. With out it, my variants would be quite lack luster and unimpressive. I'd have to compromise too much and not pack as much firepower.

2. I'm thankful for my job which allows me to provide for myself. I'm thankful that I'm independant and no longer much of a burden on anyone else. Its a big deal and kinda of an ego boost for a young guy like me!
Captain Charles Maxwell
1. I'm greatful for the 100-ton monstrosity known as a Daishi. No other BattleMech allows you to literally wade into the center of a mechanized melee with such utter invulnerability as the 'Great Death.' And I do so enjoy close-quarters combat.

2. Overseas bank accounts.
Captain Garrett Garland
1. I am greatful for hot and heavy InnerSphere battlemechs, which overheated with ease, were hotter than the hottest saunas after a heavy weapons barage, and had the range of peashooters. That, and the pilots had to wear nothing but heavy cooling vests wink.gif <- I still don't think that looks like a wink.

2. I am greatful for the health of my family which was not high a year ago.
Bounty Hunter: Sam Grisham
We dont celebrate Thanks Giving in the UK (or Germany for that matter)

However, in the spirit if things, I'll take part!

1. Im greatful for the one time the autovending machine did chicken curry correctly.

2. I am greatful that everything worked out well for my family. My Dad getting his new job in Luxembourg, my Mum getting out of her shitty job, my sister getting into boarding school okay and me getting into my flat and registered on the German net okay biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.