Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Important News
ComStar MercNet > Administration > Messaging Center
Saburo Kintaru
Hi gang.

I have some important news. My dad received an Email this morning at work saying that he has been selected for a job in Luxemburg. This means that my family will be moving to the french speaking country of Luxemburg within the next 2-3 months.

However, I am currently looking into staying in Germany. This means changing my current status, finding a flat and a tonne of other crap. It does mean that there may be a chance of me not being able to access the internet for a while.

BUT i should point out that this is a few months away, which means i have plenty of time to at least finish this OP and search for a flat etc (hopefully a place with internet connection wink.gif )

I thought i should bring this to your attention, because i dearly love this site and dont want to appear as if im "ditching it".

More news to come, Keith

p.s I hope u enjoy the twists and turns in this OP wink.gif
Saburo Kintaru
UPDATE - The job my dad has got is with a company called NAMSA. He'll be working on a NATO military base. Right now he is waiting for security clearance which could take up to 6 months.

So basically i have any time between now and 6 months (ish) to get things sorted.

Cheers, Keith
Commodore Benjamin Maxwell
How far is Luxemburg from your current location?

Keep us posted.
Saburo Kintaru
Hi Ben

Luxemburg is about a 3-4 hour drive from where i currently live.

In relation to the house that my parents own on the mosel its a 40 min train trip.

I will continually keep u guys posted with all of this because i dont want to just drop off the face of this site wink.gif

It looks like it will take 6 months - a good thing for me as i need time to find a flat here. A weird thing about german homes is that they take their kitchen when they leave... this applies to some flats too. It baffled my parents when bought their house on the Mosel river, but its a how germans work unfortuantly.

Ive been given news on the cheap flats around the area, but i mean this is day two so there isnt much news to report.

cheers, Keith
Saburo Kintaru
Hi guys. Today i spoke to my boss about my status changing. He said that he has to present my case to the budget managers. The reason its being called a "case" is because of budget reasons. My boss has to explain and justify why i should stay in my job. It can go 50/50 at this stage.

Its utterly nerve racking. This process will take time - time that i dont have. Im loosing lots of sleep over it and its completely frustrating.

But other than that I'm okay and I hope that people will keep posting so we can continue this OP wink.gif

Cheers, Keith.

P.S i should mention that i can still post - the router issue has been solved. The net cuts off once or twice, but i can post at work if i have time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.