Closed TopicStart new topic
> Operation IX: Cataclysm, The Deneb Kaitos Incident
Saburo Kintaru
post Jun 24 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #16

Crayven Securities, Inc. | MechWarrior

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 6

With the briefing over I wondered over to the mess hall. For most, the after briefing meal seemed to be tradition more than anything. For me it was simply a meal - nothing more nothing less. I hunched over my hot plate of spiced pork and rice, shovelling food into my mouth periodically. Each mouthful was tasted, chewed and swallowed as if it were my last meal. The dream from this morning still haunted me. It had chilled my very bones. Something about it was very unsettling. Perhaps it was simply the image of my brother’s death that had triggered my nerves on edge. Yes, that had to be it.
I looked down at what remained of my meal and swirled it around with my fork. Faint terrified screams echoed within my mind, unsettling me even further. The medication’s effects were becoming less apparent by the day. Chingely was putting my mind to stress. He was beginning to take over. I looked down at my food again, this time a little more shocked. I (he) had written a small message in the remainders of my food. The rice and mixed sauce created a perfect writing slate.

“I am always with you…” I read quietly, fear drenching my shaken words. I clenched my fist tightly, warping and bending the metal fork like it was tin foil. Was I ever in control in the first place?
The sudden clanking of food trays and cutlery startled me as several people sat next to and around me. Alex Thorn sat opposite me, with Garland to his left. Wedge Lourde sat on the corner to my left just as Aisa Thastus placed her tray on the table and sat directly to my right.

“Afternoon Mr Kintaru…” Garland begrudgingly muttered, looking directly into his meal. I looked around puzzled. No one had ever sat next to me. More to the point, no one had ever sat near me at all. My puzzlement was soon replaced by panic and embarrassment. The written message was still in my food.

“Er - can I help you people with anything?” I quickly asked, casually swirling the message out of the meal.

“Cant fellow comrades sit together and enjoy a meal once in a while?” Thorn said as he cut into his meal.

“Besides, Aisa made us sit here-” Wedge chirped with a mouthful of food in his mouth. He was suddenly cut off by a sharp ’thud’ from under the table - presumably from Garland.

“What Wedge is trying to say is: as a team we need to trust each other. Trust comes easily from social interaction. Once in a while, as Thorn has just suggested, we should all try and enjoy each other’s company.” Garland said, bringing a slice of chicken to his mouth.

“Is that so…” I muttered awkwardly. A long drawn out silence added further awkwardness. I didn’t care so much for social gatherings and this was no exception.

“So… Aisa, you’ll be joining us on this mission?” I asked, raising several heads from around the table. It was very out of character for me to be acting like this, but for some reason I felt a sudden urge to try and make an effort. After all, social skills were something I needed to work on.

--------------------
Callsign: Alpha Two
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 25 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #17

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 3

Clanners and psychos, a motley crew indeed. I had never felt myself in such an awkward social situation, situated between a war-bred huntress, a mysterious Thorn, and what I considered to be a psychopath, albeit an excellent killing machine. Wedge Lourde was also at the table, and even he I couldn't consider wholly normal after the affair with the Capelleans.

People often thought that I didn't trust the Clanners after they had occupied my birth-world of Sommerset, but they were wrong; I trusted Clanners more than anyone else—they did exactly as they said they would. Trust, yes, like, no. The Clanners' lust for war and their disgusting incestful coupling, along with their contempt and disregard for those of 'lower' classes and castes made me hate them nearly as much as I did the Blakists, a difficult feat indeed. I wasn't sure what our next mission held, but if it took befriending clanners and psychos to kill Blakists, I'd do it any day—the Blakists were just that much worse. They made Smoke Jaguar's genocide at Turtle Bay look like a picnic.

This post has been edited by Captain Garrett Garland: Jun 25 2006, 01:23 AM

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Aisa Thastus
post Jun 25 2006, 11:27 PM
Post #18

Legionnaires | MechWarrior

Member No.: 46

“So… Aisa, you’ll be joining us on this mission?”

I nearly choked on a mouthful of processed protien supplement and rehydrated vegatable extract as Saburo put forth the question. Kei-teh Kintaru's brother had never been one for small talk; the words came as a shock, both due to their unexpected appearence and the inane subject matter.

"That is what my assignment reads," I began, intending to end the conversation at that. After a moment's hesitation, I reconsidered, deciding to continue the discussion. I hoped it would 'loosen things up a bit' as the expression went. "Though I have yet to receive any specific operating protocol."

"I don't think anyone has," Saburo replied, stabbing at his repulsive AutoVendor meal, pushing the food around on its tray in a maddening fashion. "I can't escape the feeling that we're being led like lambs to the slaughter on this one. If something were to come up before we got to Deneb -"

"Then we would adapt and overcome, Mister Saburo! As all warriors must do," I snarled, irked by the defeatist attitude. "You should spend less time worrying about the assignment and more time worrying about those you choose to call your allies," I muttered, taking a sip of purified water and lowering my voice to a near-whisper. "I, for one, do not trust Charles Maxwell as far as I could throw him."

A stunned silence fell across the table. I felt certain that I had verbalized a sentiment felt by many, but expressed by few. I curiously awaited the responses I was sure were forthcoming.

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior
Callsign : Falcon
Current BattleMech : None
Current Inventory : Screwdriver
+Quote Post
Captain Charles Maxwell
post Jun 25 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #19

AEGIS DIVISION | Commander

Member No.: 4

Meanwhile...

DropShip C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice
Gellen's Heights Spaceport
Gellen's Heights, Sheratan

"Are the feeds from the Liberty functional?"

"They are, General. It looks like they're conducting combat simulations at the moment. If I had to guess, I'd say that they're trying to realign the weapons grid to boost the ship's tracking abilities."

I nodded, and took a long drag on my cigar, exhaling a cloud of grey smoke which was promptly sucked into a nearby air intake.

"A wise course of action, I'm sure. You're certain the data leeches won't be detected by the security subroutines?"

The young technician nodded, tapping out a series of commands which sent schematics of the data miners, which had been covertly planted aboard the Liberty during a recent corporate inspection of the Legionnaires' compound, splashing across the forward screen. The devices transmitted real-time feeds from the Liberty's computer core to a base station aboard the Dreams of Avarice, effectively giving us the ability to conduct complete observation of activities aboard the DropShip without being detected.

"Absolutely certain, sir. The leeches are designed purely to observe the data streams - not interact with them. They operate in a completely passive capacity - so the computer won't be looking for them. Of course, I've prepared for possible contingencies - each unit carries a micro-ECM suite with jamming capability - should the Liberty's computers conduct a sweep we haven't prepared for, the units can deflect any queries sent their way. In essence, sir, the only way the leeches could be detected is if someone were to physically find them within the computer core. If that were to happen, the devices are equipped with low-yield explosives designed to destroy the units and render their components virtually untracable."

"'Virtually?'"

"It's the best we could do, sir. If we had equipped the leeches with explosives any higher than what they currently carry, we'd risk doing collateral damage to the ship and - or - its crew. Your orders specifically stated you wanted to avoid those sorts of contingencies, sir."

"Understood. Carry on. Notify me immediately if something interesting should happen. In the mean time, I'll be in the galley."

--------------------
Position : Commander, Aegis Division
Callsign : Eden
Current BattleMech : CPLT-C1 Catapult
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 27 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #20

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

"I, for one, do not trust Charles Maxwell as far as I could throw him."

A funny term in the 31st century where weightlessness had taken a bit of force (pun intended—though technically no force is being lost in a weightless environment) out of phrase, but I agreed with it nonetheless—and knowing a clanner, she could probably throw him further than I could. Though it would be… unprofessional to voice my opinions directly on the mater, I certainly could imply my feelings towards the man.

"Yes, but the man did help us greatly in our efforts to drive the Blakists from our world not so long ago—though the circumstances of his arrival are still very… mysterious. I was out of contact in the mountains during Crayven's acquisition of the Legionnaires, and so missed much of the deliberation if there were any, and therefore missed much contact with the man. He may not be trusted by all Legionnaires, but from what I've seen, he would do nothing to harm is son, and that in turn would imply that he would not put those near his son in danger in that it would likely cause his son to be in danger as well. But then again, he is slyer than the Fox Davion, and I wouldn't put it beyond him to separate or shield his son from danger when is falls upon the rest of us. We are all alive though, aren't we so perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt?"

Though it was unlikely that I had eased any of my tablemates' qualms, it was good for them to know my stance—they didn't need to know however that I would not be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Even his son had mysterious origins which he wouldn't reveal—it was a family trait it seemed. I knew Ben had the interests of the Legionnaires in his heart, but perhaps even he was not privy to his father's true intentions.

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 27 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #21

LEGIONNAIRES

Member No.: 10

I listened intently to what Garrett was saying. Slowly the other shifted as Garrett explained what most of us felt. I shifted in my seat as Garland finished. We all looked at each other. Each searching for something to say in the others. Finally after some silence Wedge broke the silence.

"So what do you make of the mission?"

I looked down at my food and then looked at the others.

"I dont like it. I dont like not knowing what we are going after. There are too many holes in it. I also doing like going in blind."

Some of the others nodded in agreement. I finished my food and pushed the tray to the side and continued conversing with the others.

--------------------
Position : Mechwarrior
Callsign :
Current BattleMech : Marauder IIC (Wolf's Teeth) [Assault]
Loadout: 3x ER PPC, 2x Medium Pulse Laser, 4x ER Small Laser
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Aisa Thastus
post Jun 29 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #22

Legionnaires | MechWarrior

Member No.: 46

"...we are all alive though, aren't we so perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt?"

I grunted an affirmation, not wishing to engage in a heated dispute about loyalties. The freeborn surrounding me seemed to take great pleasure in constantly reminding me of my Clan origins, often using the topc as a means of casting my credibility - and more importantly, my honor - in doubt. It was a subject which I had no doubt that, were our discussion to continue further, would once again surface.

"As you wish, sir. But know this," I hissed, locking eyes with Captain Garland. "If the General should betray you in combat, you have my rede that he will not survive to speak of it."

A momentary, shell-shocked expression crossed Garland's face, before once again being buried beneath his practiced, tranquil demeanor.

"That's...reassuring."

"Captain," I nodded, rising from my seat, and gathering my tray. As I made my way toward the disposal slot, MechWarrior Thorn appeared at my side.

"Trothkin," he began, using a Clan noun which immediately grabbed my attention. I shoved the food tray into the disposal slot with a loud report, and turned to face him.

"How dare you refer to me as your brethren, dezgra? Were we anywhere else, I would kill you for such a transgression!"

"We are children of Kerensky, quineg? Does that not make us all - "

"Neg, MechWarrior! It does not! You are Wolf!"

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior
Callsign : Falcon
Current BattleMech : None
Current Inventory : Screwdriver
+Quote Post
Saburo Kintaru
post Jun 29 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #23

EDIT - Hi guys. As you know i recently had a massive lightning storm that took out several things in my house. Well because the newer router died, we had to use our older one. Its very tempremental and sometimes cuts the internet off for long periods of time. This weekend was the longest, hense the reason i didnt post on friday or saturday ¬_¬ ...

Things seem stable now, I will be posting later on tonight.

EDIT - La Post! (sorry it's short)

A few more moments passed. We all sat in comfortable silence. The awkwardness of ‘breaking the ice’ had passed. We sat in silent agreement - the General was not to be trusted. Even though I hadn’t uttered a word for or against him, everyone seemed to share the same understanding I had felt. Charles was a dangerous man who would go the extra yard to get the job done, even if that meant our very lives. The remains of the spiced pork and rice had become a bland swirl of mush now. The others churned and swallowed their food like robots; they didn’t feel like it but they had to in order to carry on.

“We are more alike than we realise…” I said out loud, startling even myself. The others raised their heads from their plates.

“We are tools for the soaring eagles of the ‘above status‘. We fight for what we are told is right…” I hunched forward, taking in the collective stairs from everyone around the table.

“I’m not nervous or scared about this mission… but that doesn’t mean I want to die. If Charles has orchestrated something that we cannot deal with, then we truly will be lambs to the slaughter!” I hissed, anger gripping my voice. “And I hope to God that I have the right ’tools’ around me for the job…”

And with that, I stood and left. It was time for my medication...

This post has been edited by Saburo Kintaru: Jul 2 2006, 05:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Commodore Benjamin Maxwell
post Jul 3 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #24

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Four hours later...

Pirate Jump Point
High Orbit of Sheratan
Chaos March

"Harbor Control, this is DropShip Liberty on approach to JumpShip Riptide. Requesting docking authorization."

"Copy that, DropShip Liberty. We have received and verified your authentication codes. Continue on approach, and vector to Pylon Three. Your docking liason is Tech Sergeant Morrison."

"DropShip Liberty copies. Beginning final approach."

The JumpShip Riptide was a diminutive vessel, featuring only four docking pylons, two of which were presently occupied by the Outpost-class DropShip C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice and the science vessel C.S.V. Terra Nova. Both vessels rolled past our viewports as the Liberty corkscrewed upward to the docking pylon which would secure it to the Riptide's superstructure during the voyage through hyperspace. After a moment of thrust vectoring, we found ourselves secured to the body of the larger craft in exceptionally short order.

"All stations, secure for hyperspace, and stand down." Sergeant Hobson announced, as the main screen flashed to an external view from our pylon's vantage point.

I locked out my command console, and pulled the four-point harness down over my shoulders. Clicking the harness' buckle into place, I opened a communications channel to the entire vessel as a sensation of zero gravity overtook the bridge.

"All hands, this is Major Maxwell. Be advised: the Deneb star system is only one jump away from Sheratan - as such, once we exit hyperspace, we will commence Operation: Cataclysm immediately. Due to the unknown nature of the activity reported in the Deneb system, we will be sounding general quarters upon our arrival. Be prepared to assume your battlestations. Those of you who will be attending the cadre meeting with the governor need to be in your Class 'A' dress uniforms and prepared to disembark by the time we make planetfall. That is all."

I switched off the comm unit, and eased back in the chair. Moments later, a chime sounded, and the Riptide tore a hole in hyperspace, dragging us through it. A distortion wave rippled across the Liberty's decks as the ship made the transition out of normal space, and the external view flashed to a blinding white wall of energy. A dizzying sensation washed through my body, and I felt weak and faint - a typical side effect of a hyperspace transition.

Before I knew it, the journey had ended, and we returned to the cool darkness of normal space once more. The comm unit chirped, and I glanced at the board. It was the Riptide. I patched the transmission through to the bridge speakers.

"This is the Riptide to all piggybacked vessels. We have arrived at the Deneb Kaitos jump point. The recharging station has been locked down by the local militia, and as such, we will be holding our position here, extending our solar collectors and recharging on our own. Those of you wishing to disembark here may do so at this time. Otherwise, hold tight, and we'll be back in hyperspace as soon as possible."

I nodded to Sergeant Hobson to begin the separation sequence, and to lay in a course for the planet.

"General quarters - general quarters. All hands to battlestations. We are beginning our descent."

--------------------
Position: Senior Captain | Legionnaires
Current BattleMech: WHF-3B White Flame (Lothos) [Heavy - Quad]
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jul 6 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #25

LEGIONNAIRES

"Neg, MechWarrior! It does not! You are Wolf!"

I watched as Aisa walked away. It would take time for her to trust me. I finished putting up my tray and then headed for the Liberty.

Soon we were docked with the jumpship and on our way. After a couple of hours the Liberty was ready to undock.

"General quarters - general quarters. All hands to battlestations. We are beginning our descent."

I looked up at the comm in the room. I rolled my eyes. I wish I was in my 'Mech instead of this large tub. I let the thought fade away. I got up, the creses in my uniform showed crisply. I didnt know if I would actually be leaving the Liberty to meet with the governor but I didnt like to be unprepared. I adjusted the uniform a little in front of the mirror. I smiled at the medals that were pinned there, even though there weren't many. I then sat back down and waited for us to land.

--------------------
Callsign :
+Quote Post
post Jul 7 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #26

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

With a heavy 'thunk,' the Liberty eased onto the tarmac of the private spaceport situated in the heart of Deneb Kaitos' capital. I self-consciously fidgeted with my dress uniform one final time as the boarding gantry lowered, allowing golden sunlight to splash into the darkened confines of the cavernous vessel. A detachment of military police stood at the foot of the ramp, flanking an imperious-looking official dressed in full ceremonial regalia. Nodding to Captain Garland and my father, I stepped down the ramp with the balance of the cadre in close formation behind me. As my feet hit the tarmac, the official, a tall, dark-skinned man of African origins stepped forward, snapping into a crisp salute. I returned the gesture, and the man's arm dropped from his temple to shake my hand.

"Major Maxwell," the man began, in a thick Australian accent. "I am First Lieutenant Ross Kebianson. Thank you for assisting us."

I stepped to one side to allow the rest of the accompanying cadre to stand alongside me.

"The pleasure is ours, Lieutenant. May I present my senior staff - Captain Garrett Garland, Sergeant Alex Thorn, MechWarriors Sam Grisham and Aisa Thastus, and Specialist Saburo Kintaru. Also joining us is General Charles Maxwell, of the Crayven Corporation."

Kebianson nodded.

"A pleasure to have you all here. Our world has high hopes that you will be able to assist us in our plight. Now, if you will all please follow me, the Governor is waiting."

Without any further discussion, the First Lieutenant led our group to a waiting limosuine, which sat waiting beside the landing pad, surrounded by four police cruisers. No sooner had the last of our crew boarded the luxuriously-appointed sedan then the car lurched into motion, speeding rapidly down a nearby access road, driving a short distance to the massive, Romanesque capitol. Passing under a forest of Corinthian columns, the limosuine slowed to a halt before a sweeping staircase leading into the palatial building's inner chambers. Taking a deep breath, I exchanged a glance with Captain Garland.

"Here we go. Let's put our best face forward."

--------------------
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
Saburo Kintaru
post Jul 7 2006, 06:23 AM
Post #27

Deneb Kaitos’ capitol was a fascinating spectacle. It’s architecture and style was Romanesque and although I wasn’t especially an observer, it certainly had me in awe for several moments. Unlike the bland office buildings of Gellens Heights, Deneb Kaitos’ stong, immovable stone giants added a suitably aesthetic setting for its inhabitants.
Our trip through the city was cut short though as we had already arrived outside Deneb Kaitos’ embassy. Maxwell and Garland exchanged muffled words as we stepped out of the vehicle, but I barely took any notice. The palatial building in front of us had several guards dotted around the area, unsettling a few of others. Most noticeably was Sam Grisham.

“Nothing like heavily armoured soldiers carrying weapons to make you feel welcome…” He muttered, making sure that the Lieutenant couldn’t hear.

"Shut up you fool!” Aisa hissed. “They are there for protection!”

The near stupefying social graces of Sam Grisham would surely make this meeting with officials painfully frustrating. I decided to make myself clear and save us (by which I meant myself) any further frustrations.

“Grisham I know you’re new…” I muttered, nudging the recruit in the arm gently. “… but if make this anymore unbearable than it is now, I’ll break your neck in your sleep…” I finished, adjusting my uniform. Sam eyes widened with slight tinges of fear and uncertainty, while Aisa’s usually stern face cracked a small smile. Sam and I had barely exchanged any words in the few months that he had been tagging along, but I already held a very low opinion of him. He was a blundering idiot. Although I had missed his work in the Legionnaire’s previous mission, from what I had over heard he made a good cup of coffee…

Hay guys, I had a few spare moments at work to make this post. See you saturday wink.gif

This post has been edited by Saburo Kintaru: Jul 7 2006, 06:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jul 10 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #28

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

The heels of my boots thudded loudly against the marble veneer of the capitol's highly-polished floors, as our group made its way into the heart of Deneb Kaitos' government district. The building we now found ourselves in had a distinct citidel-like appearence to it, with sweeping, vaulted ceilings rising high above us, supported by an intricate network of trusses from which were suspended banners representing every nation across the planet. Ivory-white Corinthian columns, not unlike the ones seen outside the building, arced skyward, disappearing into the multiple rows of flags, casting long shadows across the echoing antechamber as golden rays of sunlight cascaded through tall windows set into the walls far above the floor. Lining the walls were row after row of bookcases, filled to overflowing with literature from every imaginable era, before which were set several large, Victorian-era mahogany desks, surrounded by large potted ferns and a semicircle of velvet-covered chairs, at regular intervals. The planetary anthem of Deneb Kaitos could be heard playing softly through the air as a slight breeze rustled through the flags suspended high above the room.

"So this is where the tax money goes," Grisham quipped, gesturing at several intricately-crafted statues flanking the walkway.

"Cut it out, Sam," I muttered, keeping my gaze fixiated straight ahead as our guide approached a wide set of double doors at the end of chamber, and rolled his thumb acreoss a biometric scanner. "Save the comedy routine for later."

The doors rumbled open, revealing a large lift into which our party piled. With a gentle lurch, the elevator descended for nearly fifteen seconds before coming to a halt. The elevator's rear doors opened, startling me slightly. I turned to see a narrow, dimly-lit corridor sprawled before me, apparently hewn directly from the planet's bedrock. The walls and floor gleamed with an obsidian luster, catching the electric lighting and diffusing it in surreal patterns. It was deathly quiet, with only the thrum of the atmospheric support system and the electrical buzz of the ceiling lights serving to break the deafening silence. As my eyes adjusted to the lesser lighting conditions, I noticed that the polished walls were adorned with multiple, framed propaganda posters, bearing messages such as "Beware the Enemy," "Loose Lips Sink Ships," "Buy
War Bonds," and "Support the Atomic Bomb." Many of the posters featured absurd caricatures which glowered from the darkness at me. I glanced at Grisham, expecting a snarky comment, but was met with only silence.

The Kaitosian Lieutenant escorted our party through a labrynth of corridors, eventually arriving at a set of large, titanium blast doors marked "Briefing Room." Keying an access code into the door's locking mechanism, Kebianson stepped back as the heavy doors rolled aside, opening onto an expansive, oblong chamber, dominated in its center by a large, retro-futuristic steel table, flanked on both sides by upholstered leather swivel chairs. At each seating position were oval monitors, suspended from the ceiling, displaying orbital paths, celestial observations, and a holographic representation of the missing moon. A main terminal, situated at the head of the table, featured a bank of three articulated monitors, with two sets of keyboards and a trackball mounted below dual laserdisc drives. A large, contoured command chair sat before the interface.

Throughout the room were more propaganda posters, many detailing the proper action to take in the event of a nuclear attack, some featuring messages denouncing "the enemy." Evidently, the term was a generic descriptor for any hostile manifesting itself. As I entered, my eyes were forced to once again readjust to the lowered lighting conditions.

"Thank you all for coming." A regal-looking, middle-aged woman, dressed in full ceremonial uniform, her hair pulled back into a tight military bun, stepped from the shadows, moving to stand beside the command chair. "I am Lieutenant Governor Erica Ravenswood. Please, take a seat. We have much to discuss."

--------------------
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jul 13 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #29

LEGIONNAIRES

I sneared at Grisham's comment. Who invited him along, I thought. I shrugged as we continued down the hall. Soon we reached our destination.

"I am Lieutenant Governor Erica Ravenswood. Please, take a seat. We have much to discuss."

I sat down in a large chair between Garland and Aisa. Saburo sat across from me along with Grisham. Ben took the seat on the other side of Garland. I sat patiently as the Lieutenant Governor laid out the details of what happened.

--------------------
Callsign :
+Quote Post
Lieutenant Governor Erica Ravenswood
post Jul 14 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #30

Lieutenant Governor | Deneb Kaitos

Group: Members
Member No.: 47

The briefing room's lights winked out, and as the walls faded away, we found ourselves in high orbit of Deneb Kaitos. Through holographic technology, the room had been replaced by a sweeping star pattern that enveloped the room in a 360-degree projection. Below the table - the only object remaining visible from the room's true environment, the blue-green world rolled past, illuminated by a baseball-sized representation of the system's sun. Above the table, a massive cloud of cosmic debris hung in a distant orbit, spinning gently in the simulated zero-g environment. A grid raced across the expanse, splashing labels and trajectories in its path.

"This is essentially a more detailed representation of the briefing material you were sent by ComStar. I'll spare you a re-hash of our current predicament, and cut right to the chase. One of our two moons is gone. Initially, we'd classified it as simply 'missing' - however, after reviewing data returned by probes deployed to the area following our initial assessment, we have reason to believe that it was, in fact, destroyed. Moreover - we have reason to believe it was done maliciously."

General Maxwell's voice rose from the darkness.

"Maliciously? What kind of sick bastard would blow up a moon? And who has the capability? Not even the Blakists can field weapons of that magnitude!"

I nodded.

"Our analysts tend to agree. And if the only evidence we had was speculative, we might not be taking such a militaristic approach. However - in this case...we have a witness."

--------------------
Position : Lieutenant Governor, Deneb Kaitos
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre