Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 11 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #1

LEGIONNAIRES

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 10

Okay I was reading some of the posts that Talus was making and I had a question. I have been here a year and a half now and I dont even know what the chain of command is around here. I just know Ben, Garrett, and Desperado are above me. Anyone else I am missing?

So if someone could, it would be nice to list the chain of command, cause I have gotten confused before. tongue.gif

--------------------
Position : Mechwarrior
Callsign :
Current BattleMech : Marauder IIC (Wolf's Teeth) [Assault]
Loadout: 3x ER PPC, 2x Medium Pulse Laser, 4x ER Small Laser
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Captain Desparado
post Jun 11 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Its pretty simple actually.

Ben is site admin so he's the Khan
Garret has some admin function as far as I can tell so hes like the saKahn
I'm just a grizzled ancient who was here long before OP:I, I guess I'm like the Loremaster
And then we have the warriors

hope that made sense

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Libra - 1
Current BattleMech : Sunder Leviathan
Loadout : 4 ER Large Lasers, 1 Clan LBX AC20, 3 ER Medium Lasers, 1 Clan LRM20, LAMS
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 11 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Captain Desparado @ Jun 11 2007, 01:55 PM) *

Its pretty simple actually.

Ben is site admin so he's the Khan
Garret has some admin function as far as I can tell so hes like the saKahn
I'm just a grizzled ancient who was here long before OP:I, I guess I'm like the Loremaster
And then we have the warriors

hope that made sense

Alas, I am a mere mortal without admin capibilities. The trouble I think is that our ranks have outgrown our stations... a Captain usually commands a full company and we've got them commanding lances. It could be cool to restructure our ranks and have some kind of hierachy. I haven't been posting a lot lately because it was finals and the I moved home, but I have time now and I will gladly do a restructure and make a little chart if that is desired and people are okay with some rank changes.

--------------------
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
Captain Desparado
post Jun 11 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Captain Garrett Garland @ Jun 11 2007, 04:45 PM) *
a Captain usually commands a full company and we've got them commanding lances.

tongue.gif AwWwWw you guys... You don't have to give me a company! tongue.gif

--------------------
Loadout : 4 ER Large Lasers, 1 Clan LBX AC20, 3 ER Medium Lasers, 1 Clan LRM20, LAMS
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 11 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #5

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Don't be silly Desperado, you're getting a regiment!

--------------------
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
Captain Desparado
post Jun 11 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #6

WOO-HOO!

Another promotion!

YAY! Drinks on me!

This post has been edited by Captain Desparado: Jun 11 2007, 09:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lieutenant Commander Marcus Braddock
post Jun 12 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #7

Legionnares II Benefactor

Member No.: 218

Organised ranks are always good... Sorry for any confusion I may have caused if that matters rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Position: Lieutenant Commander | Legionnaires
Current Battlemech: Catapult - "Jackal."
Loadout: - 2x Holly LRM 15 launchers (shoulder mounted).
- 4x Martell Medium Lasers (torso mounted).
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 12 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #8

LEGIONNAIRES

QUOTE(Talus @ Jun 12 2007, 01:20 AM) *

Organised ranks are always good... Sorry for any confusion I may have caused if that matters rolleyes.gif

Dont worry. You didnt cause any confusion. I was just wondering what it was. A new structure would be cool. I can post more now that I am out of school for the summer and have gotten things settled down at work. So yeah. Garrett if you need any help I would be glad to help.

--------------------
Callsign :
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 15 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #9

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Ben, what are your thoughts on this?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Commodore Benjamin Maxwell
post Jun 19 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #10

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Captain Garrett Garland @ Jun 16 2007, 12:30 AM) *

Ben, what are your thoughts on this?

Apologies, folks. Somehow I totally missed this post. Thank you, Garrett, for the PM.

Honestly, I think our current rank structure has reached the point of obsolesence, and is due for a replacement. And Garrett, effective immediately, I am making you and Desparado moderators. Your mod powers will be coming online soon.

As such, the 'hierarchy' - as the site goes - will now be as follows.

Site Administrator
Benjamin Maxwell
|
Moderators
Garrett Garland --- Desparado
|
Mission Planners
Keith 'The Loon' Kintaru --- Ron 'Butch' Harris
|
Contributors
Talus --- Alex Thorn --- Captain Adam 'Gunman' Wolf --- James Norrington --- Frank Reade --- Holmes Net --- Sona --- Nick Schuster

If someone is interested in proposing a new ranking structure as far as the Ops go, I am happy to implement whatever the community votes for. smile.gif I agree it is high time for an overhaul.

--------------------
Position: Senior Captain | Legionnaires
Current BattleMech: WHF-3B White Flame (Lothos) [Heavy - Quad]
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 19 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #11

LEGIONNAIRES

The only real structure I know about in the BattleTech universe is the structure used by most clans. I dont think that would work for us though. So I really dont know we could use.

--------------------
Callsign :
+Quote Post
Captain Adam Wolf
post Jun 20 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #12

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Member No.: 5

What type of ranking system are you guys wanting to go with?

I can't find anything specific about the ranking system used by any of the Great Houses in the Battletech info that I have. I've currently 'misplaced' the TROs I had on my PC in PDF format (Im hoping they are still on disk somewhere) so Im not sure if theres anything in there or not.

The current ranking system is losely based on current american army ranks. (unless there has been some changes from the ranking post in the Cantina, which is the same system from when I was here before)

Did anyone have anything in mind as to how many ranks or what type of ranks to use?

I was thinking that we could get away with only 4 or 5 ranks, but that doesnt make any room for promotions within the RP.

I think it'd be easiest to come up with a rank system if we came up with an set organization for the current units. (Basically number of lances the Legionnaires generally field, and support units that may be part of the Legionnaires)

I know way back on the old site it was 2 lances with a few squads of Battle Armour and then resupply and repair vehicles. It has grown from that since then of course but it gives a starting point.

If its alright with everyone I can spend a little time researching ranks and see if I can come up with a simple rank system with between 4 and 10 ranks (depending on what kind of promotions we want available) and a general organization of the common Legionnaire units fielded.

--------------------
Position: Captain | Legionnaires
Callsign : Gunman
Current BattleMech : BattleMaster BLR-WL1 (Moradin) [85 tonnes Heavy]
Loadout : LB-10X AC, AC/5, ATM-3, 3x ER Medium Laser, 3x ER Small Laser (rear), Hardened Armour
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 21 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #13

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

QUOTE(Major Adam 'Gunman' Wolf @ Jun 20 2007, 03:22 PM) *

What type of ranking system are you guys wanting to go with?

I can't find anything specific about the ranking system used by any of the Great Houses in the Battletech info that I have. I've currently 'misplaced' the TROs I had on my PC in PDF format (Im hoping they are still on disk somewhere) so Im not sure if theres anything in there or not.

The current ranking system is losely based on current american army ranks. (unless there has been some changes from the ranking post in the Cantina, which is the same system from when I was here before)

Did anyone have anything in mind as to how many ranks or what type of ranks to use?

I was thinking that we could get away with only 4 or 5 ranks, but that doesnt make any room for promotions within the RP.

I think it'd be easiest to come up with a rank system if we came up with an set organization for the current units. (Basically number of lances the Legionnaires generally field, and support units that may be part of the Legionnaires)

I know way back on the old site it was 2 lances with a few squads of Battle Armour and then resupply and repair vehicles. It has grown from that since then of course but it gives a starting point.

If its alright with everyone I can spend a little time researching ranks and see if I can come up with a simple rank system with between 4 and 10 ranks (depending on what kind of promotions we want available) and a general organization of the common Legionnaire units fielded.

That sounds great! I do have the tros and some other data which does contain ranks, a lot of periphery stuff, but I think we should stick to a standard military rank system - I'm not at home right now but I'll look at them when I get back. With Ben being a Captain it could go:

Private or Mechwarrior
Corporal
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain

We can fill any divides with intermediate ranks like 1st Lieutenant and Lance Corporal, etc. Our biggest problem right now is that we're very top heavy with the ranks because we're mostly veterans. I think all Captains should become Lieutenants, but most of the other rankings can probably stay the same. Mechwarriors are generally of higher ranks, but we could use some filler non-mechwarrior characters, especially some more infantrymen.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Adam Wolf
post Jun 21 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #14

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(Captain Garrett Garland @ Jun 21 2007, 12:06 PM) *

That sounds great! I do have the tros and some other data which does contain ranks, a lot of periphery stuff, but I think we should stick to a standard military rank system - I'm not at home right now but I'll look at them when I get back. With Ben being a Captain it could go:

Private or Mechwarrior
Corporal
Sergeant
Lieutenant
Captain

We can fill any divides with intermediate ranks like 1st Lieutenant and Lance Corporal, etc. Our biggest problem right now is that we're very top heavy with the ranks because we're mostly veterans. I think all Captains should become Lieutenants, but most of the other rankings can probably stay the same. Mechwarriors are generally of higher ranks, but we could use some filler non-mechwarrior characters, especially some more infantrymen.

Cool, I was thinking along the same lines for the ranks as well. Here's list I had come up with.

Private
Private First Class ?
Lance Corporal ?
Corporal
Sergeant
Master Sergeant ?
2nd Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Captain - can be replaced with Commander
Major

The ones with "?" marks were filler ranks

Also I did a little research and organized how the Legionnaires command structure could be layed out, following a modern day armored division layout.

Organization of Units

Fire Team
- 2 Battlemechs

Lance (Platoon)
- 2 Fire Teams (2 'mechs each - 4 total)

Company
- HQ Lance (2 'mechs, support vehicles or 4 'mechs)
- 3 Standard Lances (4 'mechs each - 12 total)

Command of Units

Battlemech - Any body
Fire Team - Corporal
Lance - Sergeant or Lieutenant
Company - Captain or Major

The Fire Team is just because sometimes you want to split a Lance into a smaller group. Not really necessary but thats also how modern tank platoons are organized as well. (Although its a wingmate setup as opposed to being called a fire team)

--------------------
Position: Captain | Legionnaires
Callsign : Gunman
Current BattleMech : BattleMaster BLR-WL1 (Moradin) [85 tonnes Heavy]
Loadout : LB-10X AC, AC/5, ATM-3, 3x ER Medium Laser, 3x ER Small Laser (rear), Hardened Armour
+Quote Post
Captain Desparado
post Jun 21 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #15

I like our funky structure now but it could stand to be reorganized.

Major
Commander
Lieutenant
Sargent
Corporal
Mechwarrior

Theres 5 points in a star, five ranks plus our fearless leader equals six! I'm flexable tho.

I liked the ring that "commander" had to it over "captain." Lower but sounded better. I really don't care, I just want my own lance with which to smash.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:41 PM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre