Commodore Benjamin Maxwell
post Dec 30 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #1

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 1

March, 3069

A general backlash has taken place against mercenaries across the Inner Sphere. At the end of 3067, several mercenary units went rogue and attacked the Wolf's Dragoons on Outreach, killing Jamie Wolf in the process. Following this, the Blakists engulfed the world in a nuclear firestorm, sealing the fate of the once-powerful Dragoons and the MRBC. In the years following, other mercenary units refused to face the Blakists, backing out of their contracts, causing a feeling of hostilitiy toward guns-for-hire in general. The Legionnaires rebuilt their devastated home on Sheratan with the help of Charles Maxwell and the surviving members of the Crayven Corporation, and participated alongside the Kell Hounds in a number of contracts designed to restore the honor of mercenaries throughout the Inner Sphere. Their efforts were met with mixed results.

The Word of Blake's jihad against the Inner Sphere has now reached its peak, and virtually no world has been left untouched. The Free Worlds League has begun to fracture. With the Inner Sphere plunged into its darkest hour, rumors of a coordinated rebellion against the Word of Blake have begun to circulate. Unwittingly, the Legionnaires are about to become part of the greatest alliance the Sphere has ever known...

--------------------
Position: Senior Captain | Legionnaires
Current BattleMech: WHF-3B White Flame (Lothos) [Heavy - Quad]
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 1 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #2

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

- Incoming Coded Message -- Command Instruction Follows -
- Decode Katana Protocol - GALxDelta 403Zulu: 2nd -
- Disseminate by need only -

Operation Codname: Hellfire
Planet: Delacruz, Kaznejov Prefecture, Galedon Military District, Draconis Combine
Terrain: Temperate Forest/Rocky Foothills/Highlands
Time: Day

NARRATIVE:

The Legionnaires have come highly recommended to the Federated Suns High Command by General Tomas Gulliver of the AFFS Department of Mercenary Relations for their valor and, more importantly, their discretion. The Draconis March Regional Command has been planning a black op along the Draconis Combine border for the past month and they require the services of a professional outfit such as ourselves.

Recently, MI-4 agents have discovered that the DCMS recovered a Word of Blake data core during the fighting on Arlington. They believe this core has been taken to a secret ISF research facility somewhere on the planet Delacruz in the Kaznejov Prefecture of the Galedon Military District. MI-2 and the NAIS have a keen interest in studying the core’s contents and its possible applications for AFFS field forces in the future.

As you might imagine, relations between the Federated Suns and the Draconis Combine are tense due to recent unauthorized raiding in response to unverfied reports of POW camps within the Combine. House Davion does not wish to aggravate this situation further by sending AFFS units into Combine space and attacking one of their installations. In addition, the newly reconstituted AFFS (formerly the AFFC) is short of manpower and machines after the conclusion of the FedCom Civil War, and all available assets are currently being used to combat resurgent Word of Blake activity, especially on the besieged capital of New Avalon. Hence, their need for the services of the Legionnaires.

The operation will be codenamed Hellfire and will consist of a covert insertion of our forces via pirate point. Once on planet, we will rendezvous with an organization known as the Croix Rose (Rose Cross), a semi-secret group of Catholic monks that have been persecuted by the planetary authorities for much of their history. They have agreed to help us and provide valuable on-site intelligence for this op. Using their assets, we will locate the ISF research facility, which is believed to be somewhere in the Roche Grande highlands north of the planetary capital of San Joaquin. We will then assault the facility, recover the Word of Blake data core and any other valuable research discovered, and extract before DCMS forces can respond. The core and any other data will be delivered to Davion agents on Robinson upon completion of the operation.

A word on defenses. Delacruz is defended by a single battalion of ‘Mechs from the 11th Ghost Regiment plus a regiment each of armor and infantry. As you may be aware, Ghost Regiment personnel are drawn from the “undesirable” castes of Combine society, including the Yakuza criminal element. Though unorthodox, these irregulars should be treated with caution as they have proved their worth many times in battle. According to Davion analysts, only about 20% of the mech battalion is equipped with advanced technology weapons and systems. The 11th Ghost has its permanent garrison on the Urizen Proving Grounds right outside of San Joaquin, but sporadic patrols are deployed across the planet.

A more serious threat is a mixed company of ISF MechWarriors and battle-armor stationed directly at the research facility. I can guarantee that this outfit will be rated elite and equipped with the best technology the Combine can provide, including at least one Akuma-class assault mech. The unit’s code-name is Kajiki, which is Japanese for Swordfish.

As for remuneration, the AFFS Department of Mercenary Relations will offer the standard MRBC pay-rate for a unit of our size plus 20% for the dangerous nature of the op. Any salvage taken in battle is ours for the keeping save the contents of the research facility itself. To sweeten the pot, the Legionnaires will also be given a brand new TLR1-0 Templar Omni-Mech fresh off the Kallon Industries assembly line.

Finally, ladies and gentlemen, I will not lie to you. Using a mercenary unit like ours for this operation will give the Federated Suns a valuable option should the mission go poorly: deniability.

MISSION OBJECTIVES:

- Make planetfall at LZ Bishop after medium altitude drop (10,000 feet) and redezvous with Croix Rose contact (see Abelard Umberto file attached below)

- Assist Croix Rose forces in securing the area around LZ Bishop from any hostile threats. It is imperative to avoid early detection by planetary authorities in order to preserve the element of surprise.

- Determine location of ISF Research Facility in Roche Grande highlands.

- Elimenate any hostile forces at Research Facility, including ISF Unit Kajiki (see attached intelligence estimate below). Enter said facility and secure Word of Blake data core and all related intelligence.

- Destroy the Research Facility and any remaining, non-usable equipment (except for salvage claimed by Legionnaires).

- Extract planetary surface at LZ Stonewall (alternative LZ is codenamed Jackson). Withdraw from Draconis space to rendezvous in Federated Suns.

CALLSIGNS:

LANCE I:
Tiger-1: Major Benjamin Maxwell
Tiger-2: Captain Garrett Garland
Tiger-3: MechWarrior Alex Thorn
Tiger-4: MechWarrior Holmes Nets

LANCE II:
Damocles-1: Lieutenant William Rhodes
Damocles-2: Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur
Damocles-3: Wedge Lourde
Damocles-4: Nathan Schuster

AEROSPACE ASSETS:
Falcon-1: Corporal Luke Winston
Falcon-2: Pilot Elizabeth Evers

SUPPORT:
Archangel: Dr. Jessica Saturina (Captain, Medical Division)

ELECTRONIC WARFARE:
None

THREAT REPORT:
Below are listed are best intelligence estimates on Task Force Kajiki and the local garrison of the 11th Ghost Regiment. Keep in mind that even the best intel seldom survives contact with reality.
Task Force Kajiki
ISF Special Operation Company
Shogun Lance
Tai-sa Hohiro Kurosawa (Company Commander)
1 x AKU-1X Akuma (90 tons)
1x NDA-1K No-Dachi (70 tons)
2 x NJT-2 Ninja-To (65 tons each)
1x Arcas (65 tons, captured from Clan Ghost Bear)

Ronin Lance
1 x AV1-0 Avatar (70 tons, Primary Config.)
1 x BHKU-0 Black Hawk-KU (60 tons, Config. A)
2 x TSN-1C Tessen (50 tons)
1 x RTX1-0 Raptor (25 tons, Config. D)

Gunjin Platoon
Drawn from Draconis Elite Strike Team (DEST) 25
5 points of Kanazuchi Battle Armor (20 suits total)

Various Elements from the 2nd Battalion, 11th Ghost Regiment (Bringers of Light and Life)
Mostly recruited from Rekara yakuza clan.
1 x QKD-5A Quickdraw
1 x WVR-6K Wolverine
1 x PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
2 x SDR-5K Spiders
2 x PNT-9R Panthers
1 x JR7-K Jenner

1 x Demolisher Tank
2 x Scorpion Tanks
3 x Warrior VTOLs
3 x Pegasus Hovertank
3 x J.Edgar Tanks

2 x SRM Platoons
2 x Machine Gun Platoons
2 x Laser Platoons

PLANETARY OVERVIEW – DELACRUZ
Delacruz, Kaznejov Prefecture, Galedon Military District, Draconis Combine
Ruler: Governor Alistair Travick
Star Type: K4III (Recharge Time: 185 hours)
Position in System: 4th
Time to Jump Point (Zenith): 4.2 days
Number of Satellites : 2 (Fortuna, Angelo)
Surface Gravity: 1.0
Atmospheric Pressure: Normal (Terra-Standard)
Surface Water Coverage: 60%
Equatorial Temperature: 34 degrees C
Highest Native Life: Amphibians
Recharging Station: Zenith
HPG Class Type: B
Population Size: 1,232, 517,000
Delacruz was settled by Catholic missionaries under a Benedictine named Father Joaquin Escovar in 2274 along with a large wave of colonists from several South American countries escaping the death throws of the Terran Alliance. Father Escovar, before his death in 2305 had built a thriving network of monasteries across the planet’s northern continent of Sierra. After his passing, the grateful citizens built a new capital city and named it San Joaquin. (Escovar was canonized by Pope Benedictus XXXII in 2316.) Absorbed by the Draconis Combine in 2362, many of the residents of the world, including the monks, had problems adjusting to the dominant Japanese culture, and the ISF wasn’t exactly friendly in “re-educating” the populace. This led to the formation of a secret society, led by the Benedictine monks, called the Croix Rose (Rose Cross), which waged a clandestine campaign against DCMS occupation forces for almost five hundred years. Eventually the movement died out under harsh pressure from ISF agents and Combine military units that saw many innocent civilians killed or imprisoned.

More recently, Coordinator Theodore Kurita’s reforms have enabled a freer form of religious expression across the Combine, and many of the citizens of Delacruz have returned to their Catholic roots. Many of the ancient monasteries, ruined in the fighting and religious persecution of past centuries, have been restored and rebuilt. However, in 3062 things took a turn for the worse when Allistair Travick was appointed Governor by the Prefect of Kaznejov. An ultra-reactionary and suspected member of the Black Dragon society, Allistair had no stomach for Theodore’s reforms and immediately cracked down on the Delacruzians, just as they were beginning to enjoy their new found freedoms. In 3065, monks at Hollyrood Abbey staged a non-violent protest, to which Travick responded with military force, ordering his mechs to level the abbey and slaughter some forty five of the monks.

This outrage sparked the secret reformation of the Croix Rose and to this day the monks and other freedom fighters have opposed the corrupt regime of Governor Tavrick, operating from hidden bases in the treacherous Rouge Grande highlands and raiding DCMS patrols and supply depots. Unfortunately, for the people of Delacruz, Theodore Kurita has had his hands full with attacks from the Ghost Bears, the Federated Suns, and the Word of Blake, allowing the rogue Governor to pretty much flaunt the Coordinator’s will as he pleases.

Delacruz is a pleasant, temperate world with a tropical equatorial region. Two major continents (Sierra and Castille) and a number of smaller island chains make up the habitable surface. San Joaquin, the capital is located on the northern of the two, whilst the southern continent is the agricultural breadbasket for the planet. The wilderness areas are dotted with Benedictine monasteries, some centuries old, home to devout monks and nuns who are known for the excellent vintages of wine produced at their abbeys.

COMMANDER'S NOTES:

MechWarriors, this Operations calls for both bravery and discretion. We are walking a thin line here between two of the Great Houses. A misstep could easily lead to an outbreak of hostilities, something the Inner Sphere cannot afford, especially in light of the Word of Blake Jihad. With their own capital under siege, the Federated Suns is desperate for any edge they can gain against the Blakist zealots. This core just might be the answer.

Having said that, I have the utmost faith in your abilities and resolve. Good luck and stay safe.
- TRANSMISSION ENDS -

Sender: Major Adam 'Gunman' Wolf
Encryption Priority: HIGH
HPG Relay 29XCDX1-OMEGA-3477
Recieved: OP Comp. 0340 Standard Terran Time

--------------------
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jan 1 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #3

LEGIONNAIRES

Member No.: 10

I looked down at the report and flipped a few pages. I let out a slow whistle and shook my head.

This is quite an extensive OP we have going here. Quite a bit of enemy assessts. Course that hasnt stopped us before. I said this more to myself than anyone else.

I looked up and nodded at Adam and then Garland. I then turned and smiled at Holmes who sat next to me. I knew Holmes and Garland very well. I could trust them in this lance. I didnt know Adam very well, but that didnt lower my trust in him. From what I had learned from Holmes he was an excellent leader.

Once again I began to fidget with my pre-OP nerves. I raised my hand with a question.

Sir, these monks. What kind of assests do they have?

I heard several of the men murmur. It was a good question. A lot of our intel depended on what these monks had.

--------------------
Position : Mechwarrior
Callsign :
Current BattleMech : Marauder IIC (Wolf's Teeth) [Assault]
Loadout: 3x ER PPC, 2x Medium Pulse Laser, 4x ER Small Laser
+Quote Post
Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur
post Jan 2 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #4

ORGANIZATION CLASSIFIED | MechWarrior

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 18

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I read over the mission overview and waited for Major Wolf and Captain Garland to kick off the briefing. Part of the discomfort came from the massive amount of enemy assets predicted to be present once we made planetfall. The other part came from working with a unit I knew nothing about.

General Maxwell had 'loaned' me to the Legionnaires to fill a vacancy on the roster, a decision that came rather abruptly and unexpectedly. He had his reasons for everything, and I rarely questioned them, but a slightly more advance notice would have been preferable. I didn't know who would and would not have my back on this mission, and it made me uneasy.

I'd heard rumors that the General's son, Benjamin, was to be present during this Operation as well. My eyes skimmed the crowd, looking for the familiar coiff of red hair, but I wasn't able to make anyone out matching the description. I sighed, and slouched lower in my chair.

It was looking like I'd be by myself on this one.

"He what?? He resigned his commission? Where is he? Off-world? Damnit!"

Captain Garland sounded upset - to put it mildly. I sat upright slightly, straining to hear the other half of the conversation taking place on the comm unit.

"The crew's assembled for the briefing! How in the hell...fine. You want a solution? Here's one: get me Maxwell. What? No! Not that Maxwell. The other one. Excuse me? I don't give a damn what the MRBC thinks. I want him here in thirty minutes. No excuses."

Captain Garland slammed his comm unit shut, and strode to the podium. Taking a deep breath, he addressed the assembled crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen - we're going to take a short recess. Re-convene here at 1300 hours. Dismissed."

This was getting interesting.

This post has been edited by Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur: Jan 2 2006, 05:29 PM

--------------------
Position : Sergeant Major [Organization Classified]
Callsign : HUNTER
Current BattleMech : Cougar X (Beowulf) [Light - 35 Tons]
Loadout: 2x Large Pulse Laser, 2x STREAK LRM-10, C3 Slave, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
post Jan 3 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #5

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

A loud pounding reverberated through the heavy ferrosteel door of my stateroom aboard the C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice. Setting my reading glasses on my desk, I rose from my chair, and moved to open the hatch.

"Major Maxwell? Major Maxwell! Are you there?"

I swung the door open.

"What can I do for you?"

The young crewman was frantic and winded.

"You're needed at Camelot, sir. Immediately."

I looked at the crewman inqusitively.

"Camelot?"

"The Legionnaires' compound, sir. Captain Garland has requested your presence immediately."

I nodded, grabbing my uniform jacket from the coat rack.

"Lead the way."

Ten minutes later, our hover APC lunged from the bay of the Dreams of Avarice, barrelling down the ship's gantry and sailing across the slushy field on which the DropShip sat. Traversing the short distance from the landing site to 'Camelot's' main gate, the APC passed through the security checkpoint, and eased into the vehicle lift, dropping several stories into the earth. No sooner had we reached our destination than we were approached by Sergeant Hobson, who met us at the hatch of the APC.

"Major - good to see you again," he began, pressing a datapad into my hands, "if you'll review this, and follow me, we'll get you prepared to give the briefing."

I paused.

"The 'briefing?' The briefing for what, Sergeant?"

"The briefing for Operation: Hellfire, Major. You're going to be leading it."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Charles Maxwell
post Jan 4 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #6

AEGIS DIVISION | Commander

Member No.: 4

Meanwhile....

Corporate DropShip C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice
15 March 3069 - 1300 Hours G.S.T.

The DropShip's smallish briefing room was filled to near-capacity by the cadre that had gathered for a pre-Op briefing that, officially had never taken place. Captain Harris and his staff stood shoulder-to-shoukder along one side of the bulky holoprojector table which dominated the room, while MechWarriors Dante, Martinez, Valjohnson, and I huddled around the table's opposite flank. Seated amptheatre-style around us were the men and women who comprised our support staff, from pilots to technicians, tankers to medics, each one viewing a miniature version of the situation table on their PDAs. Absent from the gathering were Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur and Benjamin, both of whom were assisting the Legionnaires in their execution of Operation: Hellfire - the same Operation that our team hoped to use as cover for our current undertaking.

Edith Masterson, Captain of the Dreams of Avarice, eyed her PDA with more than a small amount of incredulity.

"You never cease to amaze me, Charles," she began, a bemused tone in her voice. "Do you have any regard for the safety of your crew?"

"You should know the answer to that one, Edith," I chuckled, a grim smile crossing my face. "Why do you think I personally asked you to pilot the Avarice on this one?"

"Because you loathe me."

I chuckled, and turned my attention to Harris, who was politely clearing his throat.

"Mister Harris. I take it you're ready to unveil our suicide mission?"

--------------------
Position : Commander, Aegis Division
Callsign : Eden
Current BattleMech : CPLT-C1 Catapult
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jan 5 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #7

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Sighing, I went over the mission data again—hopefully Maxwell would show. As if on cue, the briefing room's double oak doors parted revealing the Major.

"Commander… Captain, it's good to see you."

"Having trouble getting used to it myself, Sir. I'm glad you could make it, it hasn't been the same..."

The Major and I returned to the podium as Legionnaires began to trickle back into the room. At exactly 1300 the guard secured the doors to ensure an uninterrupted briefing. I could tell many of the Legionnaires were quite pleased to see Major Maxwell back with us, myself being one of them. After giving an introductory statement and reiterating the mission brief we took questions again.

Gesturing towards Alex Thorn I spoke,
"Earlier the question of the monk's military assets was brought up. Unfortunately, we have little data on the monks—as far as we can tell they lack any Battlemech assets and have few conventional forces. They will probably have a few light hovercraft along with portable SRM launchers. Any other questions?"

This post has been edited by Captain Garrett Garland: Jan 5 2006, 06:20 PM

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur
post Jan 5 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #8

ORGANIZATION CLASSIFIED | MechWarrior

Member No.: 18

Legionnaires' compound Camelot
15 March 3069 - 1257 Hours G.S.T.

The mess hall was crowded with the sum total of the staff that had gathered for the briefing, only to be turned away for an hour while Captain Garland scrambled to rectify the sudden, and unexpected, staffing crisis.

I maneuvered my way through the crush of people present who were attempting to get one final, home-cooked meal in before boarding the Liberty for their multiweek voyage across the galaxy. I grimaced at the mere thought of returning to rehydrated nutrient packs and AutoVendor food after our stay on Sheratan - DropShip food was notoriously bad.

Making my way out of the largish dining facility, I strode quickly down the curved corridors of the subterrainian facility, eventually arriving at the heavy oak doors of the briefing room, which the MPs posted at the entrance were in the process of securing.

"Wait - hold on - I'm on the cadre for this one!"

The MPs eyed my Crayven Securities flightsuit suspiciously. I quickly produced my temporary ID card. The smaller of the two guards confiscated it from between my fingers, gazing briefly at the credentials before handing them back to me, and nodding to his partner, who opened the door. I sprinted into the chamber, sliding into the first open chair that presented itself.

"...with portable SRM launchers. Are there any other questions?"

I raised my hand.

--------------------
Position : Sergeant Major [Organization Classified]
Callsign : HUNTER
Current BattleMech : Cougar X (Beowulf) [Light - 35 Tons]
Loadout: 2x Large Pulse Laser, 2x STREAK LRM-10, C3 Slave, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
Wedge Lourde
post Jan 5 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #9

LEGIONNAIRES

Member No.: 16

Odd, it seemed. It had beed such a long time. I watched as other Legionnaires piled into the room, and sat down, all focusing towards... Commander Garland. It was only untill the talking had begun that I realised that he was our Captain now...

"Earlier the question of the monk's military assets was brought up. Unfortunately, we have little data on the monks—as far as we can tell they lack any Battlemech assets and have few conventional forces. They will probably have a few light hovercraft along with portable SRM launchers. Any other questions?"

"Yes sir. Captain Garland, sir. Do we know of the climate in which we will combat?" I said, in my calm way.

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Sabre Lead
Current BattleMech : Masakari
Loadout : ERPPC x4, LRM 10 x1
+Quote Post
Elizabeth Evers
post Jan 6 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #10

LEGIONNAIRES | VTOL Pilot

Member No.: 21

I walked into the briefing room for the second time today, finding my seat once again, I preparred for the operation's layout to resume. Since I had augered out an op ago, I was eager to try out the new whirlybird and earn some much needed respect. I was still just an airman, with newwer staff already above me in the ranks. I had to do something drastic. Discussion had begun again, and I was quick to listen in on the CO's reply.

--------------------
Position : Pilot
Callsign : Falcon-2
Current Vehical : Yellow Jacket
Loadout : ATM-12, C3 computer
+Quote Post
post Jan 6 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #11

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

The next question came from Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur.

"Yes, Sergeant - go ahead?"

MacArthur stood up.

"Major, I've been reading over this mission brief, and it seems pretty straightforward - albeit...a bit farfetched. My question to you is - why not recruit Crayven to assist in this? With all due respect, General Maxwell has built his career on 'plausible deniability.' Of course, I'm somewhat biased."

I nodded.

"Quite simply, Sergeant, the Federated Suns have requested the Legionnaires. Not the Crayven Corporation. I suspect trust has something to do with it."

"How ironic," MacArthur smirked, before sitting down.

I scanned the room.

"Are there any further questions?"

No other hands presented themselves. I closed my electronic organizer.

"Very well. I do apologize that this briefing has been - abbreviated - but we're on a tight window to make the first JumpShip. I suggest everyone study up over the course of the next few weeks, and seek out either Captain Garland or myself if you have any questions.

"A final note: I realize that this operation has already gotten off to a rather...demoralizing...start. Despite this, I ask all of you to maintain a positive mindset and know that I have full faith in this unit's ability to see this mission through. If any of you wish to speak privately to any of the command staff, or myself, the door is always open. Fight well, ladies and gentlemen. Dismissed."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jan 6 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #12

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

"Do we know of the climate in which we will combat?"

"As you know the planet is 'a pleasant temperate world', at least according to Delacruz's brochure. From what I know, the Roche Grande Highlands are fairly reminiscent of Terra's Spain—at least before the succession wars and the jihad. We'll be arriving during the planet's early summer, so make sure your Battlemechs are configured with the proper amount of heatsinks."

Stepping back, I turned the briefing back over to Major Maxwell, who in turn received Sergeant Major MacArthur's final question.

This post has been edited by Captain Garrett Garland: Jan 6 2006, 08:10 PM

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jan 6 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #13

LEGIONNAIRES

Member No.: 10

"A final note: I realize that this operation has already gotten off to a rather...demoralizing...start. Despite this, I ask all of you to maintain a positive mindset and know that I have full faith in this unit's ability to see this mission through. If any of you wish to speak privately to any of the command staff, or myself, the door is always open. Fight well, ladies and gentlemen. Dismissed."

I stood up after Major released us. I waited for a few moments while everyone piled out except for me and Holmes. We both walked to Garland. I shook his hand.

Hey there captain. We are glad to be in your lance. I'm ready to be in there with ya. One thing though. Will you be taking Adam's place as Tiger lead?

I waited for his reply. Honestly it didnt matter to me, but I was worried about Tiger Lance's structure now that Adam wouldnt be with us.

--------------------
Position : Mechwarrior
Callsign :
Current BattleMech : Marauder IIC (Wolf's Teeth) [Assault]
Loadout: 3x ER PPC, 2x Medium Pulse Laser, 4x ER Small Laser
+Quote Post
Lance Callahan
post Jan 7 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #14

LEGIONNAIRES | MechWarrior

Member No.: 13

I was thinking the same thing as Thorn had, convieniently. It was good that we could think on the same line. It's all the better to have someone with you who knows exactly what you may be thinking of doing.

If Garland did end up being put in charge of our squad, or even if Captain... well, I guessed it was Major now, Major Maxwell would be put in charge, then I would know there was an excellent leader with us. I had worked directly with both Garland and Maxwell prior to my seperation. I knew I could trust them both out on the battle. And seeing that there were more then just Maxwell and Garland to trust truly was something good. Though, in all honesty, the Captain and Major were the only ones I remembered well. Everyone else I never really knew very well, or they weren't around. I did recall Mr. Lourde, however.

Though, outside of Thorn's question, I did want to talk to Garland a little more. I just wanted to see how he had been, I had not seen him nor any other Legionnaries for a long time. Of course, I would have to head down to the 'Mech bay soon as well, if I wanted to a 'Mech so I might be able to do something besides sit down all day long on the DropShip.
+Quote Post
Bounty Hunter: Sam Grisham
post Jan 7 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #15

Bounty Hunter

Member No.: 34

Camelot - the result of many hours spent rebuilding site 187. It’s halls and corridors were filled with the hustle and bustle of busy personnel, each of them working feverously with their various tasks. However, I barely noticed the busy bees as I rushed through the bee hive that was Camelot.

“Shit… I’m late…” I hissed, deeply regretting the previous night’s whiskey binge.

“13:20... Christ almighty, I am VERY late…” The faint smell of alcohol whished past my nostrils as I blew out a large sigh. I grinded my teeth in anger, as if I were blaming the whiskey for my own incompetence. However, deep down I knew this was a mere excuse rather than an actual reason. The sound of my revolvers and other various weapons, chinked and clattered against each other rhythmically, in tune with my hurried footsteps. This was the tune of the tardy man, missing a vital appointment…

Excitement washed over me as I finally laid eyes on the thick double oak doors that lead through into the main ‘Briefing Room’. However, that sensation was wiped away when I checked the time. My digital watch gave me the bad news.

“13:30?! Geez…” I frowned, letting out a heavy long sigh. “Well… best I not miss anymore of the meeting…”

I sucked in as much air as my lungs could hold, building my confidence as I released that air. My hands gripped the cold, gold coloured door knobs and twisted them, releasing the mechanism and opening the doors.

“…Fight well, ladies and gentlemen. Dismissed."

My heart seemed to stop. I had missed the briefing. The room fell gravely silent as they all, one by one, turned their heads to stair at me.

“Erm… Hi!” I eventually said, a nervous chuckle escaping my lips as scratched the back of my head - an act of self comforting.

“Yes? Can we help you?” one of the mech warriors asked. His name had escaped me, but I did recognise him.

"Yeah… erm… I’m Sam Grisham, here for the mission briefing…”

“Ah, Mr Grisham, I didn’t think you would come!” came a voice I did recognise. Captain Garland began to gather his paper work before looking around the room.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I want you all to meet Sam Grisham. He is a bounty hunter who specialises in firearms. He is under temporary contract and will be assisting us with the upcoming mission.” he continued, giving an unimpressionable glace at me as my cheeks flared with embarrassment.

“Wait, I remember this guy! Wasn’t he the one that tried to hit on that clanner girl?” Came a voice from the group.

“You cant be serious Captain! Why are we bringing this idiot along with us?”

“IDIOT?!”

“Mechwarrior, in case you are forgetting, Sheratan was recently hit by a full scale attack. We lost many men and women in that attack, so we need all the help we can get!” Garland defended, although I truthfully thought he was trying to sympathise with the loud mouth youth.

"Don't you boys worry about a thing!” I started, sitting down into one of the desk chairs in front of me. I tilted on the hind legs of the chair in an attempt to intimidate the loud mouth punk.

"I'm totally reliable and competent enough to give you a run for your money-" I finished, as the rear legs of the chair gave into gravity, snapping and pulling me backwards with it. Luckily my neck broke my fall.

“Yeah… ‘competent’…” the punk sniggered, rolling his eyes before taking his leave out through the doorway. There was so much I wanted to say in response, so much I wanted to do to teach that punk his lesson. However, it was vital that I stuck with the Legionnaires. Since the attack on Sheratan, the bounty hunting business had gone downhill. Through the mess and violence, most bounties were rejected due to the state of emergency. Of coarse, this gave the criminals with large bounties on their heads to flee the planet and take refuge somewhere else. I didn’t have the funding to go chasing those idiots across the Inner Sphere, so I decided to offer my services to the Legionnaires. I pulled myself together, swallowed my pride and bit my tongue hard. I needed this job.

As I straightened myself up, several sheets of paper were shoved into my hands.

“You’ll need to read up on those. If you have any questions, I suggest you ask one of your fellow team mates. You’ll be more than likely assigned to help protect the members of medical team. However, your help will be called upon when necessary. You are dismissed Bounty Hunter…” Garland said, taking his leave. Before I knew it, I was the last person in the briefing room.

“Geez… I hate reading…”
+Quote Post

14 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:20 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre