Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Simulator Mission XII: Hell on Ice, Capture the Flag
Wedge Lourde
post Apr 11 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #1

LEGIONNAIRES

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 16

The rules were simple. Go to the other team's base, steal their flag, and high tail it home. I selected a map, and a time limit. The battle would only last 20 Minutes. If 5 captures were acheived before the time limit, the game is over. I selected 8 players total, 4 per team. I used the "Legionnaire 'mech pack" as the available 'mechs. Designated by Major Maxwell, the pack included Guardian IV, Guardian V, Major's Daishi, Thorn's Uziel, and some other 'mechs seen in battle such as Josef's Cougar. I checked all the loadouts. They were all synchronized with the current loadout of each pilot's 'mech. I selected the standby button, and reached for the dropship wide com.

"All Mech pilots, this is Wedge Lourde. If you would like to participate in a game of Capture the Flag in a simulator, please report to the Simulator Room. I have 8 spots available. Please join!"

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Sabre Lead
Current BattleMech : Masakari
Loadout : ERPPC x4, LRM 10 x1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sergeant Hobson
post Apr 15 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #2

LEGIONNAIRES | DropShip Commander

Member No.: 12

I ambled into the simulator room, where Corporal Lourde was waiting. I wasn't a BattleMech pilot, and I wasn't sure what 'capture the flag' was, but I was willing to give it a shot.

"Okay, Corporal, I'll bite. What's the setup here?"

--------------------
Recipient of the Order of Katherine Steiner medal for distinguished performance in combat.
+Quote Post
Sergeant Major Robert MacArthur
post Apr 15 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #3

ORGANIZATION CLASSIFIED | MechWarrior

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 18

After spending weeks in the infirmary on the trip back from Delacruz, I was anxious to test my mettle in the simulator before going back into battle. A grade 'B' concussion was nothing to laugh about, and I wanted to ensure that my piloting skills were still up to par. As I walked into the simulator, I noticed that Corporal Lourde and Sergeant Hobson were already present. I wondered what the DropShip pilot intended to field in this tactical simulation.

"Corporal...Lourde...is it? Got room for one more?"

--------------------
Position : Sergeant Major [Organization Classified]
Callsign : HUNTER
Current BattleMech : Cougar X (Beowulf) [Light - 35 Tons]
Loadout: 2x Large Pulse Laser, 2x STREAK LRM-10, C3 Slave, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
Wedge Lourde
post Apr 15 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #4

LEGIONNAIRES

"Calling all 'mech pilots. We have room for one more on the red team. If we do not receive an attendance, 4 Computers will be playing, and one more will be accepted for the Red Team."

"So, Hobson, do you know how to fly a VtOL?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sergeant Hobson
post Apr 16 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #5

I chuckled.

"If it flies, I can pilot it. But I was kinda hoping for a change of scenery this time around!"

--------------------
Recipient of the Order of Katherine Steiner medal for distinguished performance in combat.
+Quote Post
Wedge Lourde
post Apr 17 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #6

LEGIONNAIRES

"Just the 3 of us?"

"Seems like it." The other 2 chimed in.

"Ok then. Hobson, you'll fly VtOL. Here's your job. You have to defend our gate tower. If our gate tower is red, then they cannot open it. If they steal our gate tower, and the tower is blue, they can run in. The walls large enough, so only the VtOL's may fly over. Also, only the VtOL may challenge for the tower. I added in this feature so to not only challenge our 'Mech skills, but also to see how you do in a bird. I'll write us in some Bots, and we can get started!"

We chose our 'Mechs, and it was on. We had a CPU and 4 on the Blue team.

I chose my Raptor, or Guardian IV. I thought its camoflauge system and speed might give Red team the arm of sucsess. It turns out I was wrong. VERY wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Apr 22 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #7

I slid the memory stick containing the Marauder II upgrade design into my BattlePod's USB port. The lights dimmed, and for several seconds, the blue-green hue of my 'Mech's control panel was offset only by a blinking green cursor indicating the load process. Then, the pod gave a slight lurch as the physics model finished its load, and I found myself staring through the octagonal viewport of a 100-ton Marauder IIC, in the center of a snow-covered, lightly-fortified structure . To my 'Mech's immediate right stood Corporal Wedge Lourde's experimental Thanatos prototype, its bulky chassis bristling with all manner of weaponry. To the left was a computer-controlled Raptor II, with an IFF tag identifying it as 'Blackjack.'

Above and to the rear hovered Sergeant Hobson in a generic-looking VTOL, its turbofans holding it in a low-altitude position. The four of us made up a very interesting battleforce, and I wondered what the autobalancer had assigned to the other team.

I keyed my mic open to Lourde's Thanatos.

"All right, Corporal - this is your simulation - you take lead. What are your orders?"

This post has been edited by Major Benjamin Maxwell: May 1 2006, 07:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sergeant Hobson
post Apr 28 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #8

"Corporal! Corporal Lourde! Do you read? What are your orders??"

I keyed my comm unit open.

"Hobson to Lourde - can you read me?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wedge Lourde
post Apr 30 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #9

LEGIONNAIRES

"MacArthur-Your're Red-2. Hobson, you're Red-3. Hobson, go to and hold the control tower. MacArthur, form up on me. Blackjack, watch Hobson's back."

Forgetting that Blackjack was a computer, I speedily hulked my way through the blizzard... to be greeted by the welcoming sight of LRM missles.

"Hey guys, from up here I see a Mad Cat... a Loki... and... oh, shit. There's an Atlas out there!" reported Hobson.

It was then that I realised that Blackjack wasn't moving. A fight was approaching, but Hobson only had a few MRM's to defend himself. If I programmed Blackjack to defend Hobson, by the time I was done, i'd be surrounded by smoke. If I didn't we risked first blood. This was about to get interesting.

"Here, kitty!"

Stupidly enough, their VtOL swooped in to soften me up. Stupid, stupid computers never learn..."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sergeant Hobson
post May 4 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #10

The hostile VTOL dive-bombed Corporal Lourde's Raptor, dropping a payload of high-yield explosives at near point-blank range onto his cockpit. As the aircraft gained altitude, I pushed the throttle of my own VTOL forward, and rolled it into a dive, dropping toward the hostile craft and unleashing a savage MRM barrage into its tail section. The enemy VTOL bucked wildly before managing to level out again. But its pilot only had a moment to savor his victory before his cockpit was torn asunder by a massive gauss round, sending the VTOL tumbling to the ground and exploding on impact.

"Scratch one bogey! Thanks for the assist, Sergeant. How're you faring down there, Corporal?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
post May 11 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #11

After waiting approximately five minutes for a response, I checked the simulation's main menu, and found that Lourde had dropped from the match. Sighing, I shut down my battle pod, and headed for the cafeteria.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:56 PM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre