Post #1

Crayven Securities, Inc. | Intelligence Division

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 8

Date: 02 March 3069
To: Geneneral Charles Maxwell
Re: Operation Quaero [means "search for" in Latin]
Clearance: Top Secret - For your eyes only

General Maxwell, As you requested, here is a progress report of Operation Quaero.

We have discovered a solid traceable link to the Word of Blake from within the Legionnaires. There is little cause for concern as this link is small and has not compromised the integrity of the unit. However, there is much concern about any residual Legionnaire personnel that may have been compromised. Although, the 5 members that have been compromised are named and presently 3 are counted as K.I.A. and 2 are tagged M.I.A. with them presumed to be K.I.A. at this time.

Compromised Legionnaires
  • Leonard De Franco [M.I.A.]
  • Francis White [Confirmed - K.I.A.]
  • John Rickman [M.I.A.]
  • Peter Weissman [Confirmed - K.I.A.]
  • Oliver Valdez [K.I.A.]
The dirt goes deeper than just a few Word of Blake Sympathizers as well. There are signs that a half dozen Legionnaires were "sold" to the Blakists for some sinister purpose. From what intelligence that was gathered, they are being kept alive and perhaps might be a link to the quick assault on Site 187. We assumed that the attack was a little too successful to have been just mere coincidence and it seems that the missing personnel just so happened to each have a specialty or knowledge of Site 187.

Betrayed Legionnaires
  • Marcus Taylor (Confirmed)
  • Sergei Zhukov (Confirmed)
  • Randolf Jones (Confirmed)
  • Bridget O'Malley (Confirmed)
  • Kevin Greene (Confirmed)
  • Andrea Dillow (Confirmed) [Name changed from Lauren Smylie.]
It should be noted that they are currently being tagged as deserters by the Legionnaires and they are fully unaware of the trouble that was amidst their ranks. Although 2 of the compromised Legionnaires [Peter Weissman and John Rickman] were engaged by one of the "sold" Legionnaires [Marcus Taylor] when they mutinied against Capt. Benjamin Maxwell. One was killed and the other was forced to eject, but reports are sketchy as to what happened to the ejected pilot. The "sold" Legionnaire also ejected and eventually received a promotion. Him being "sold" might have been an act of retribution for stopping the mutiny, though this information is sketchy.

All the "sold" personnell are still being kept alive for some reason, but at present we are not sure why. The databanks are heavily damaged thanks to ComStar's attack on Word of Blake holdings. However, we believe that they are being used as some form of intelligence data to find any other Legionnaire bases, being used as bait to trap the remaining Legionniares or simply being held in a re-education camp. There are snippets about torture and forced labor, although we aren't exactly sure what to make of the incomplete data. As such, I have left the speculation out of the report.

Monetary transfers had taken place and those accounts are now being tracked to see if there is any traceable activity, but there has been none so far, confirming that the responsible parties within the Legionnaires are in fact dead. There is no signs that they have even been accessed to check a balance.

However, just before the attack on Site 187, one transaction was reversed and the compromised personnel never received their money. ComStar may have had something to do with that regarding their trap, but this data is hard to confirm. We believe that the evidence shows that the Blakists betrayed their contacts to ensure that the information was not a ruse just to receive extra payment. Again, this is not confirmed, but there is no ties to ComStar having anything to do with the treachery on part of the Word of Blake or against the Legionnaires.

This post has been edited by Ron 'Butch' Harris: Dec 28 2005, 12:09 AM

--------------------
Position : Intelligence Analyst, Crayven Securities, Inc.
Callsign : Prophet
Current BattleMech : Achileus Battle Armor
Loadout : 1x Sm. Laser, 1x Anti-Infantry MG
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 PM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre