IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> REVOLUTION, HIGHLY IMPORTANT
Colonel Jack Cheviot
post Aug 26 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Chief of Internal Affairs | Crayven Securities, Inc.

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 52

Date: 15 October 3069
To: Maxwell, Charles E. - Intelligence Division
Re: Subject Norrington, James
Clearance: Top Secret - EYES ONLY

General -

At extreme personal risk, I am contacting you to advise you of a nearly-intolerable project which has been carried out at Equinox in your absence, and which has been covered up by your associate, General Ryan Saxon, to such a degree that few involved in the affair have been permitted to survive. I am under strict orders not to disclose this project to anyone - even you - under penalty of death. I am defying these orders in the interest of the Company's well-being and continued safe existence.

You have in your company a Lieutenant by the name of James Norrington who has recently been enlisted into the ranks of the Crayven Corporation. His dossier is full of accolades and qualifications that make him appear to be an ideal candidate to be on your detail. This man is not who he seems.

As you are well aware, the recently-rediscovered C.S.V. Astrid utilized an experimential reactor that operated on the principle of a quantum singularity. As you are also aware, quantum singularity technology is extraordinarily dangerous, and it is because of its unstable nature that research into the field was abandoned. However, as recent intelligence was received indicating that the Astrid was largely intact, General Saxon ordered the resumption of quantum singularity research at Equinox, without authorization. Shortly thereafter, in the midst of an attempt to create a contained singularity, control of the reaction was lost, and an implosion took place in the QS lab, culminating in what only can be described as a 'tear' in the fabric of space and time. A great number of the staff on duty in the laboratory perished in the implosion.
There were relatively few survivors.

General Saxon, acting in your stead, refused to let the technicians that survived try to seal the rift, threatening them with their very lives if they failed to comply. Rather than try to patch the anomaly, Saxon decided to order an expeditionary force through the rift. A mutiny took place when not a single soul could be pursuaded to partake in such an outrageous undertaking. After quelling the uprising, Saxon coerced cooperation by sending an APP-4400 Vetron unit through the rift and bringing it back intact.

The environment the Vetron landed in was later determined by a reluctant expeditionary team to be located on Terra, at 44°31′00″N, 64°17′57″W. It was discovered that the rift ripped a subterranean hole in the bedrock below the island, and rather than report the find to you, Saxon immediately had a lid clamped on the discovery. He subsequently ordered excavation teams to tunnel to the surface and determine where exactly the rift emptied out. Upon reaching the surface, the teams found themselves on an uninhabited, oak-tree-covered island in the Mahone Bay of Nova Scotia. Stellar observations gave the explorers the location - Oak Island - and a near-unbelievable date - 1774. In order to keep the information from getting out, Saxon had the expeditionary team...reassigned. A forum was held amongst the company's most senior officers to determine what was to be done with this strategically-advantageous find. General, I regret to tell you that you were left out of the discussion. A heated debate ensued, concerning the possibilities of altering history for various reasons. All of the ideas were overridden by Saxon, who was, frankly, terrified of the possibility of changing things in such a way that he might cease to exist. Rather, it was decided that the Oak Island cavern would be converted to a truly-unassailable 'fallout shelter' for the company's most precious holdings.

After all, in 1774, who's using ground-penetrating radar, right? Apologies, General. I'm digressing.

An advanced system of tunnels and caverns was built, complete with a system of tunnels designed to flood all of the chambers in the network with water if ever the complex was compromised. Due to the historically-sensitive nature of the project, the entire structure was constructed using period materials supported by 31st century technology that could be easily removed if the need ever arose. However, only a few weeks into the project, disaster struck. Before the complex was completed, Spanish bucccaneers, being pursued by the British Royal Navy, landed on the island with a horde of treasure they were desparate to offload in the hopes that they could avert capture and return for it later. The Spainards found the excavation, but, since the Crayven complex lay deeper than they could observe, they thought nothing of its unusual nature - they saw it only as a convenient way to stash their loot. They dropped their ill-gotten gains down an unfinished airshaft, and sealed it off, leaving an inscribed cipher stone which read, "Forty Feet Below Two Million Pounds Are Buried." Shortly after the Spaniards sailed, the HMS Timberwolf, under the command of Lord Robert Crayven and Commodore James Norrington, made landfall on Oak Island, in pursuit of the pirates. Norrington and his crew scoured the island, searching for their quarry. In the process, Norrington became separated from the group, and suffered an untimely fate, falling down a hidden air duct. His crew searched frantically for him, but the well-concealed airshaft went undetected by the Britons. Ultimately, they sailed, leaving their master and commander for dead. Crayven build teams found Norrington at the bottom of the airshaft a day later, with two fractured legs and a broken arm. Regrettably, Norrington was conscious when they found him.

Saxon, terrified of the implications of what had just occurred, ordered Norrington brought back to Equinox to have his wounds patched up and an experimental, selective mind-wipe performed on him. While Norrington was at Equinox, the rift began to destabilize. Whatever its source of power was had been sapped, and the anomaly had begun to shrink. Saxon ordered the construction on the archive stopped and the facility stripped of any of its 31st century appointments. He also ordered all of the surface holes filled over, and the procedures on Norrington stepped up. Saxon's plan was to implode the entire facility once Norrington had been returned to 1774, but his opportunity never came to do this. Mere hours before Norrington was to be returned (under heavy sedation), the rift collapsed entirely. The Oak Island complex was left largely intact, and Norrington was stranded in the 31st century. The complex would later be discovered, by chance, in 1795, by Donald Daniel McGinnis. Saxon's solution to the problem of having an 18th-century sailor alive in the 31st century was to 'eliminate' the problem entirely. However, Saxon's decision was overridden by the company's newly-formed Board of Directors, who, at that point, were still against the practice of 'all assassination, all the time.' Norrington was rehabbed and acclimated to the 31st century environment. He chose to remain in the employ of the Crayven Corporation, and is seeing his first Op under the supervision of Major Frank Reade.

You deserved to know all of this, General. I apologize if I've overstepped my bounds.

- Cheviot, J.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roderick H Shields
post Aug 26 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 233

A new project in the works...maybe will lead to an RP. Not quite sure where this will go just yet. smile.gif Any interest?

http://www.crayven.net/revindex.html

This post has been edited by Roderick H Shields: Aug 28 2007, 05:56 AM
+Quote Post
Captain Desparado
post Aug 26 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 50

I'm a bit confused...

O_o?

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Libra - 1
Current BattleMech : Sunder Leviathan
Loadout : 4 ER Large Lasers, 1 Clan LBX AC20, 3 ER Medium Lasers, 1 Clan LRM20, LAMS
+Quote Post
Roderick H Shields
post Aug 26 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #4

Major update. All your questions answered. Let us know what you think.

http://www.crayven.net/revindex.html

This post has been edited by Roderick H Shields: Aug 26 2007, 08:58 PM
+Quote Post
Roderick H Shields
post Aug 27 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #5

Anyone?
+Quote Post
Captain Adam Wolf
post Aug 27 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #6

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Member No.: 5

It looks cool and could definately lead into an RP. To be honest its not quite my style of RP, although it does sound interesting. I may be interested in checking it out a little more when I get some more free time in a few weeks.

--------------------
Position: Captain | Legionnaires
Callsign : Gunman
Current BattleMech : BattleMaster BLR-WL1 (Moradin) [85 tonnes Heavy]
Loadout : LB-10X AC, AC/5, ATM-3, 3x ER Medium Laser, 3x ER Small Laser (rear), Hardened Armour
+Quote Post
Commodore Benjamin Maxwell
post Aug 27 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #7

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 1

If it takes off, it is going to be a lot like Arcanum - high technology and mysticism in a colonial setting. There could even be 'Mechs...it's an alternate universe where YOU decide what happens.

--------------------
Position: Senior Captain | Legionnaires
Current BattleMech: WHF-3B White Flame (Lothos) [Heavy - Quad]
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
Captain Adam Wolf
post Aug 27 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #8

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Sounds really cool actually, the more I think about it the more I like the sounds of it lol.

--------------------
Loadout : LB-10X AC, AC/5, ATM-3, 3x ER Medium Laser, 3x ER Small Laser (rear), Hardened Armour
+Quote Post
Roderick H Shields
post Aug 27 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #9

Lest ye all think this is a stodgy, stuffy spin on the 18th century, please note that Mister Shields has embedded the following words in his advertisements (you have to hunt for them to find them):

'CLAP'
'ASS MEAT'
and
'POULTRY BLOODBATH'

tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Aug 28 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #10

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

In. I hope the 18th century is in need of a talented naturalist.

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Kazuki Kintaro
post Aug 28 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #11

Crewman

Member No.: 49

You had me at Arcanum biggrin.gif

How big on the mysticism would we be?

--------------------
Position: Mechwarrior | Legionnaires
Callsign: Sabre
Current BattleMech: STG-6L Stinger
Loadout: 2x Medium Lasers, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
Roderick H Shields
post Aug 28 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Kei-teh Kintaru @ Aug 28 2007, 02:58 AM) *

You had me at Arcanum biggrin.gif

How big on the mysticism would we be?

As big on the mysticism as you want to be!

Garland, I'm sure you can carve out a very nice niche for your naturalist - this is freeform, after all!

There seems to be some enthusiasm about this. We might try to get some boards up over the next few days.

This post has been edited by Roderick H Shields: Aug 28 2007, 05:55 AM
+Quote Post
post Aug 28 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #13

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

Think of the atmosphere for this as 'Pirates of the Carribean' meets 'Arcanum' meets 'Shadowrun.'

--------------------
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
Captain Adam Wolf
post Aug 28 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #14

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Sounds really cool and as I mentioned before themore I think about it and hear about it the more I like it. It does actually seem to be a little more to my style than I originally thought, lol.

Now could someone please enlighten me as to what Arcanum is?

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Aug 28 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #15

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_S..._Magick_Obscura

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:19 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre