Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Name: Gen Miyamoto
Height: 172.7 cm (5'8")
Weight: 71.6 kg (156 lbs)
Date of birth: 04-03-3039
Place of Birth: Whelen Farming Colony, Somerset

BIOGRAPHY:

Born March 3, 3042, Gen led a simple life on the poor farming world of Somerset, with little excitement, and nearly no conflict to interrupt the day-to-day activities of the farmhands. At an early age, his father made it a point to teach his only son the two things he knew best; mechanics, and the ancient art of kobudo. The name Kobudo was a word that meant old way, or old way of fighting, which migrated from his father's homeland centuries ago.

At an early age, Gen showed promising aptitude in these two areas; however, his father neglected to teach him the finer points of social interaction and bargaining. It was felt by many in Gen's village that these were acts of futility. As the young apprentice grew increasingly restless, he began to develop an obsession with modifying the aging agro-bots on his father's farm. He devoted nearly all of his free time to tweaking these mechanical leviathans to be bigger, better, and faster. As time wore on, his uncanny talent became apparent to his father, and it was decided that proper schooling was necessary to help further this ability.

Regrettably, the promise of a bright future was shattered in the summer of 3050, when Gen's entire world came crashing down around him. The 94th Striker Cluster of the Jade Falcon Clan made planetfall in Hollyfield, laying waste to the planet. In the midst of the terror, Gen and his sister manage to escape the clutches of the Falcons aboard a tiny cargo vessel bound for Terra. Over the next several years, the two young refugees roamed the streets of the Eastern metropolis, finding food and shelter where they could, until his sister's tragic death two short years later. Gen continued to fend for himself in the years following, and it wasn't until 3055 that he was at last able to end his exile and return to Somerset. He arrived to find that his father, Niho, has been captured and killed during the Clan invasion. His father's estate in ruins, the devastated Gen sold what few holdings and possessions remained, and used the profits to enlist in an independent Battletech academy on Outreach.

Gen's studies were not the exciting lessons he had dreamed of learning for so many years. Classrooms, data libraries, and lecture halls were but prisons to him. He spent more and more time at the Tetsuhara proving grounds and in the academy's 'Mech lab, and less and less time attending classes. Eventually he realized the futility of formal education, and used what scant amount remained of his inheritance to purchase his first BattleMech. He was to become a mercenary.

It is at this point in time that Gen's history becomes somewhat irregular. His records indicate employment with the Draconis Combine. He ran a dozen or so missions, recieved very by-the-numbers evaluations, then in March of 3058, a sudden and swift termination for insubordination.

Later in 3058 Gen is recorded as having participated in Operation Bulldog. He earned numerous kills as well as a purple heart and field commondation, the highest honor bestowed upon mercenaries. His service continued on until the end of the operation.

From late '58 to mid '60 Gen assumed the risks and responsibilities of 'Head of Covert Operations' for the Crayven Securities Corporation. His combat evaluations show an emphatic focus placed on fast heavy mechs, carrying comprehensive ballistic loadouts.

The years following his release from Crayven were filled with a jumble of short-term contracts for nearly every House in the greater Inner Sphere area. Numerous lulls between clusters of operation occured, some lasting multiple months.

Current Whereabouts: Unknown
Current Employer: Legionnaires (mercenary unit)

"I will not rest untill I am satisfied. I will not stop untill I am through. I will not falter untill I am dead. I will not relent, I will exact my revenge."

- Mantra of Gen Miyamoto
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:12 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre