Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gellen's Heights, Capital City
InfoBot
post Dec 19 2005, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Site Architect

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

The city of Gellen's Heights is immense, stretching for well over 30 square miles. The capital city of Sheratan, Gellen's Heights is the cultural and economic focal point of the planet. Theaters, libraries, museums, government offices and commercial structures dot the landscape, while hovercars whisk down tree-lined streets and spacecraft touch down at the Gellen's Heights spaceport. The atmosphere here is very modern, while at the same time incorporating elements of Victorian-era architecture from the early part of Terra's 20th century, and the effect creates a charming, yet sophisticated look.

Sidewalk cafes mingle with holoarcades, night clubs, car dealerships, military outfitters, and interactive movie theaters in the city's retail district, while in the more somber government sector, the sound of the wind blowing is only occasionally interrupted by the chirp of birdsong echoing from within the Romanesque approaches to the many government offices which dominate the landscape.

The city itself has been built with the intention of keeping the land's natural beauty preserved, and it is not at all uncommon to find waterfalls cascading down alongside busy roadways in the heart of downtown. There is no better place to be on Sheratan than in Gellen's Heights, and the volume of people present here at all hours seems to support this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Wedge Lourde
post May 10 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #2

LEGIONNAIRES

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 16

---Elswhere---

"How, sir, can you confidently say that Crayven Corporation will not interfere with any of our tactics?"

"With much confidence, I can. It will be to late to rescue the city by the time their 'mechs can arrive."

There was a slight pause, and the man in the suit got a puzzled look on his face.

"Then, explain to me, sir, how a 'mech has entered the area, not identifyable as a militia 'mech? An odd conincidence? No. As we speak, 2 'mechs are engaged with the single scout Uziel in the city. One of them appears to be the Cougar. The heavy 'mechs plundered from the militia base have 8 klicks yet to travel. I do not beleive that the situation is in firm control. You may have underestimated the exact remoteness of the Crayven utility department, identified as "Equinox" on the satelite image stolen from the militia defense department."

The man in the green military coat got a horified look on his face. He was just as puzzled as his provider.

"NO! Let me see the images. They may be a trick. They must be. Lead me to the tactical data room. I must see this with my own two eyes."

"Very well. Follow me. Do not fall behind."

The casually dressed officer lead the traditionally dressed one into a small room with many computers and holo database cores, and many electronics that you would find in a normal military control room. Men buzzed all around, tending to different tasks, oblivious to the two that strode to the Imagery computer terminal.

"These overhead images depict shadows about 80 feet tall. Arms and legs are visible. A 'mech? Yes sir, a 'mech."

A few daunting pictures made it all too evident that there was an opposition, slowly holding and regaining ground lost by the recent Armor Attack.

"Admiral Ziheng, sir, please patch me over to Commander Sujiwa"

"This is Commander Sujiwa. Please excuse our lag. We are now heading through an industrial section. We have about 7 and a half klicks untill we arrive at the hotspot."

"How many 'mechs did you manage to steal?"

"We only stole enough to arm our whole team. Every single one of us is equiped with a refit version of the Mad Cat 'mech. We beleive that it will be enough firepower to bring down the city. The initial raid has begun. Please tell us when to begin killing civilans or destroying buildings."

"YOU FOOLS! The mission was NEVER to kill civilians! It was never to destroy buildings! It was to capture and purge the boy, Wedge Lourde! Find him! Bring him to ME, alive. Vengance will be exacted back home. If you kill him or any other member of the Crayven Corporation, I will have your heads. Capture and bring me back any member of the Militia, Crayven Corporation, or the Legionnaires that you might find. Do not hesitate to use force. Kill as many that stand in your way. Do not stop untill the boy has been found. Acording to our sources, the boy Wedge works for the Militia. He may be one of the opposing Armormen at the hotspot. These are your orders. I will say none more."

"General, please follow me back to the conference room. I have a few more questions for you."

This post has been edited by Corporal Wedge Lourde: May 10 2006, 10:50 PM

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Sabre Lead
Current BattleMech : Masakari
Loadout : ERPPC x4, LRM 10 x1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
InfoBot   Gellen's Heights   Dec 19 2005, 01:28 AM
Wedge Lourde   After walking from the Cantina past a few other b...   Jan 1 2006, 02:26 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   I wandered about the past-rebuilt city in search ...   May 1 2006, 10:32 PM
Private Mick Brandt   "Red-2, we have a problem. Remember those da...   May 3 2006, 10:41 PM
Lieutenant William Dante   Elsewhere... _______________________ The Boring P...   May 4 2006, 01:49 AM
General Ryan Caswell   Meanwhile... _______________________ Crayven Secu...   May 4 2006, 02:21 AM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Sir, do NOT cross this line. We have a crim...   May 4 2006, 05:43 PM
Private Mick Brandt   Me and my squad had placed barriers donated by th...   May 4 2006, 06:11 PM
Lieutenant William Dante   The outskirts of the industrial sector had decende...   May 5 2006, 07:08 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   An explosion from a fuel cell truck that had been...   May 7 2006, 11:54 PM
Private Mick Brandt   After I gained conciousness enough to notice that...   May 8 2006, 05:32 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   This is a third-person conversation. It is at ano...   May 8 2006, 09:13 PM
Master Sergeant Kevin Cosgrove   Meanwhile... ---------------------------------- Wi...   May 9 2006, 10:11 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   The Crayven pilot and I ducked down into the alle...   May 9 2006, 10:18 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   ---Elswhere--- "How, sir, can you confidentl...   May 10 2006, 10:02 PM
Private Mick Brandt   "All Militia and... other forces in the area....   May 10 2006, 10:22 PM
Commander Mikey   I called my team to get together as we walked arou...   May 11 2006, 08:02 PM
Private Mick Brandt   Not bad, Mike. "Private Brandt, I have goo...   May 11 2006, 09:03 PM
General Ryan Caswell   "Attention...attention...this is an active co...   May 12 2006, 10:01 PM
Commander Mikey   "Repeat repeat guys we are under attack! ...   May 12 2006, 11:00 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Who is that in the [i]Cougar? This is Privat...   May 12 2006, 11:29 PM
Private Mick Brandt   After the quick conversation with the man in the [...   May 13 2006, 12:05 AM
Master Sergeant Kevin Cosgrove   "I've got about a minute untill that mili...   May 13 2006, 06:44 PM
Major Benjamin Maxwell   As the elements of Anvil Lance moved to support Ha...   May 13 2006, 06:58 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Sargent, I see an unknown 'mech moving i...   May 13 2006, 11:06 PM
Major Benjamin Maxwell   With an impact that resounded through the crowded ...   May 15 2006, 01:41 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "General Tihen. This is your last chance to m...   May 15 2006, 10:10 PM
General Charles E. Maxwell   A dazzling aray of colored light flashed across th...   May 15 2006, 11:57 PM
Saburo Kintaru   Gellen’s Heights: it reeked of trouble. My observa...   May 16 2006, 03:13 PM
Major Benjamin Maxwell   A thunderous clap of autocannon fire tore through ...   May 18 2006, 03:21 PM
General Charles E. Maxwell   A thunderous explosion roared through the streets ...   May 19 2006, 10:27 PM
Master Sergeant Kevin Cosgrove   Slowly and painfully, the world began to come into...   May 21 2006, 08:20 PM
Saburo Kintaru   I stood amongst the degrees of death that floated ...   May 24 2006, 08:21 PM
Private Mick Brandt   After watching the "squad" (if you will...   May 26 2006, 10:19 AM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Come on, you bastards!"Hell envelop...   May 26 2006, 10:40 AM
General Charles E. Maxwell   [ - Click Here - ]   May 30 2006, 04:52 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:08 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre