Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gellen's Heights, Capital City
InfoBot
post Dec 19 2005, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Site Architect

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

The city of Gellen's Heights is immense, stretching for well over 30 square miles. The capital city of Sheratan, Gellen's Heights is the cultural and economic focal point of the planet. Theaters, libraries, museums, government offices and commercial structures dot the landscape, while hovercars whisk down tree-lined streets and spacecraft touch down at the Gellen's Heights spaceport. The atmosphere here is very modern, while at the same time incorporating elements of Victorian-era architecture from the early part of Terra's 20th century, and the effect creates a charming, yet sophisticated look.

Sidewalk cafes mingle with holoarcades, night clubs, car dealerships, military outfitters, and interactive movie theaters in the city's retail district, while in the more somber government sector, the sound of the wind blowing is only occasionally interrupted by the chirp of birdsong echoing from within the Romanesque approaches to the many government offices which dominate the landscape.

The city itself has been built with the intention of keeping the land's natural beauty preserved, and it is not at all uncommon to find waterfalls cascading down alongside busy roadways in the heart of downtown. There is no better place to be on Sheratan than in Gellen's Heights, and the volume of people present here at all hours seems to support this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Wedge Lourde
post May 1 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #2

LEGIONNAIRES

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 16

I wandered about the past-rebuilt city in search of a bite in my shiny re-painted black Junglehammer hovercar. I was cruising past the parking spot to the diner, when a scream broke the serenity of the cool night's mist that preceeded rainfall. I parked illegally and hopped out, ignoring the scream. Before I opended the door of the simple bar, I heard an explosion. A tank was flanked by 4 Elementals. One of the Elementals keyed the megaphone attatched to it.

"All civilians, the situation is OK. Please return to your daily tasks. The problem is sovled. There is nothing to see here. Please back away from the tank."

I looked at the trunk of my cruiser, where I kept a blaster. You never knew when...

Ignoring the commotion, I decided to get Diner food.

I opened the door to the Diner, took a seat at the bar, and went through the usual ordering process with the hostess. I got my plate and tap beer, and headed for a booth. I was peering at the news on the TV. I took a fry, then dropped the plate.

"Tonight, on Gellen at 6:30. This is a public warning: 6 local mobsters have stolen a Flakmann tank and 4 millitary combat suits. If you are watching this report, stay in your home. Call all your relitives and friends, and tell them to return home. If you are near the intersection of Grand Falls and 4th, stay calm, and stay inside.

Falls and 4th...

I dropped my meal and beer, and dashed to my hover. My first impulse came quickly. I sped to intersection. People had flanked all sides of the tank, staring in awe. I was too late. The killing had begun.

The tank opened fire, as its AMAS Lighting shell sped towards the stairs of a bank plaza in which many onlookers bolted for saftey.

So many innocent bystanders... all the others could do was watch. Screams of pain and horror were accompanied by the now falling rubble of a gash the size of a boulder that had fallen out of the side of the bank.

It was horrible. I'm sure by now the locals had been informed of this incident. My first though was to haul back to base for my Thanatos, but I remembered the death penalty for 'mechs other than police in the city. I then felt like a hopeless civilian, as I tried my best to shove my way around the fleeing crowd. Crisp sounds of lasers filed the night air. Then, there was a small earthquake. And another.

boom... Boom... BOOM... BOOM!

A Cougar had just rounded the corner behind the "fight". Attatched to the light 'mech were 3 Elementals.
This was about to get good.

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Sabre Lead
Current BattleMech : Masakari
Loadout : ERPPC x4, LRM 10 x1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
InfoBot   Gellen's Heights   Dec 19 2005, 01:28 AM
Wedge Lourde   After walking from the Cantina past a few other b...   Jan 1 2006, 02:26 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   I wandered about the past-rebuilt city in search ...   May 1 2006, 10:32 PM
Private Mick Brandt   "Red-2, we have a problem. Remember those da...   May 3 2006, 10:41 PM
Lieutenant William Dante   Elsewhere... _______________________ The Boring P...   May 4 2006, 01:49 AM
General Ryan Caswell   Meanwhile... _______________________ Crayven Secu...   May 4 2006, 02:21 AM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Sir, do NOT cross this line. We have a crim...   May 4 2006, 05:43 PM
Private Mick Brandt   Me and my squad had placed barriers donated by th...   May 4 2006, 06:11 PM
Lieutenant William Dante   The outskirts of the industrial sector had decende...   May 5 2006, 07:08 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   An explosion from a fuel cell truck that had been...   May 7 2006, 11:54 PM
Private Mick Brandt   After I gained conciousness enough to notice that...   May 8 2006, 05:32 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   This is a third-person conversation. It is at ano...   May 8 2006, 09:13 PM
Master Sergeant Kevin Cosgrove   Meanwhile... ---------------------------------- Wi...   May 9 2006, 10:11 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   The Crayven pilot and I ducked down into the alle...   May 9 2006, 10:18 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   ---Elswhere--- "How, sir, can you confidentl...   May 10 2006, 10:02 PM
Private Mick Brandt   "All Militia and... other forces in the area....   May 10 2006, 10:22 PM
Commander Mikey   I called my team to get together as we walked arou...   May 11 2006, 08:02 PM
Private Mick Brandt   Not bad, Mike. "Private Brandt, I have goo...   May 11 2006, 09:03 PM
General Ryan Caswell   "Attention...attention...this is an active co...   May 12 2006, 10:01 PM
Commander Mikey   "Repeat repeat guys we are under attack! ...   May 12 2006, 11:00 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Who is that in the [i]Cougar? This is Privat...   May 12 2006, 11:29 PM
Private Mick Brandt   After the quick conversation with the man in the [...   May 13 2006, 12:05 AM
Master Sergeant Kevin Cosgrove   "I've got about a minute untill that mili...   May 13 2006, 06:44 PM
Major Benjamin Maxwell   As the elements of Anvil Lance moved to support Ha...   May 13 2006, 06:58 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Sargent, I see an unknown 'mech moving i...   May 13 2006, 11:06 PM
Major Benjamin Maxwell   With an impact that resounded through the crowded ...   May 15 2006, 01:41 PM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "General Tihen. This is your last chance to m...   May 15 2006, 10:10 PM
General Charles E. Maxwell   A dazzling aray of colored light flashed across th...   May 15 2006, 11:57 PM
Saburo Kintaru   Gellen’s Heights: it reeked of trouble. My observa...   May 16 2006, 03:13 PM
Major Benjamin Maxwell   A thunderous clap of autocannon fire tore through ...   May 18 2006, 03:21 PM
General Charles E. Maxwell   A thunderous explosion roared through the streets ...   May 19 2006, 10:27 PM
Master Sergeant Kevin Cosgrove   Slowly and painfully, the world began to come into...   May 21 2006, 08:20 PM
Saburo Kintaru   I stood amongst the degrees of death that floated ...   May 24 2006, 08:21 PM
Private Mick Brandt   After watching the "squad" (if you will...   May 26 2006, 10:19 AM
Corporal Wedge Lourde   "Come on, you bastards!"Hell envelop...   May 26 2006, 10:40 AM
General Charles E. Maxwell   [ - Click Here - ]   May 30 2006, 04:52 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:36 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre