- Incoming Coded Message -- Command Instruction Follows -
- Decode Phoenix Protocol - GALxBeta 119Epsilon: 15th -
- Disseminate by need only -

Operation Codname: Cataclysm

Planet: Deneb Kaitos, Federated Suns, House Davion
Terrain: Grasslands / Tundra
Time: Day

NARRATIVE:

Due to Crayven Securities, Incorporated's well-established astrometric intelligence-gathering capabilities, the Federated Suns have approached the Legionnaires with a baffling case.

Approximately 48 hours ago, the Deneb Light Cavalry reported that the second moon of Deneb Kaitos, Shemali, vanished without a trace. Visual observations from the McDennis Observatory on Deneb Kaitos show that the moon is no longer in its orbit, and stellar observations by high-orbiting spy satellites seem to confirm this preliminary data. Fearing that this may be a trap by the Word of Blake, the governor has recalled the planetary militia to the surface of Deneb Kaitos, and begun the militarization process in anticipation of a Blakist strike. The governor has also shut down the spacelanes in the Deneb sector, and all orbiting vessels have been evacuated.

A detachment of Deneb Light Cavalry aerospace fighters have taken up garrison around the system's jump point, and have taken the recharging station offline to mitigate the possibility that it might fall into enemy hands. The planetary legate has authorized the use of a pirate jump point in order for the joint expeditionary force of Crayven and Legionnaire assets to arrive in immediate orbit of Deneb Kaitos. Immediately following jump-in, the Legionnaires' first task will be to meet with Lieutenant Governor Erica Ravenswood, whom, we have been advised, will outline our mission objectives.

We have no further information at this time.

MISSION OBJECTIVES:

- Make planetfall on Deneb Kaitos and meet with Lieutenant Governor Erica Ravenswood.

FORCE COMPOSITION:

The Legionnaires' DropShip Liberty, outfit with two lances, will also be accompanied by the Crayven Securities DropShip C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice, and the Crayven Securities science vessel C.S.V. Terra Nova, which will provide stellar cartography assets expected to be requisite for this mission profile.

THREAT REPORT:

Unknown. If Word of Blake assets are indeed responsible for the events unfolding in the Deneb system, moderate to heavy resistence can be expected.

Planet Details: Deneb Kaitos

IPB Image

Star Type: K2III
Position in System: 3 (of 9)
Number of Moons: 2 (Diphda and Shemali)
Days to Jump Point: 5
Surface Water: 80%
Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
Surface Gravity: 0.9
Equatorial Temp: 20° C
Highest Native Life: Mammals
Population: 269,000,000
Governor: Florin Cintron
Planetary Legate: Margorie Thorek

OVERVIEW:

An unremarkable, small world blanketed by grasslands and tundra, Deneb Kaitos was originally settled by the Terran Hegemony. The world is most famous as being the home of the renowned Deneb Light Cavalry. At the height of the Star League, the Regular Army boasted a group of 'Mech regiments whose ability to respond quickly any-where they were needed was legendary. These quick-response troops were officially known as the Rapid Deployment Mixed Arm Forces, or RDMAF. The general public, however, knew these elite troops - because of several highly romanticized holoplays - as the Deneb Light Cavalry, after the headquarters of the RDMAF on Deneb Kaitos and the pony on their banners.

When the Star League collapsed, only one RDMAF unit refused General Kerensky's orders and stayed on Deneb Kaitos. The Fourth Deneb Light Cavalry was commanded by General Eveline McDennis, who firmly believed it would be an act of cowardice to abandon the Inner Sphere. Her original intention was to remain on Deneb Kaitos to protect that world somehow from the warfare that was sure to come. As trade to the world collapsed and the population began to starve, General McDennis was forced to consider offers of employment from all five Successor Lords.

After hearing them out, McDennis replied that she and her men would work for whichever House could guarantee that the people of Deneb Kaitos would have food until they could grow enough on their own. It was a condition that only the Federated Suns would accept. As the desperately needed shipments of food and agricultural equipment made their way to Deneb Kaitos, the Fourth Deneb Light Cavalry packed up and prepared to become part of the AFFS.

Deneb Kaitos has remained under House Davion's banner except for a brief period of Capellan occupation during the Third Succession War. Although the makeup of the Deneb Light Cavalry eventually reflected that of all Federated Suns worlds, men and women who grew up in Deneb Kaitos's rugged sheepherding lifestyle continued to be the Cavalry's most ardent and effective MechWarriors. The continent of Baten is home to the capital of Cetus and is located in the northern hemisphere; the continents of Menkar and Mira straddle the equator.

Deneb Light Cavalry Regimental Combat Teams are organized slightly different than other RCTs in the Federated Suns. Around the one 'Mech regiment, which usually has light to medium 'Mechs, there are two hovercraft regiments and two jump infantry regiments. Also, there are three times the normal number of AeroSpace Fighters present, plus enough DropShips and JumpShips to transport them.

The Deneb Light Cavalry has always preferred to use a light tan paint scheme to show their pride in their Regular Army roots, even when other units would adopt camouflage paint schemes. The Deneb Light Cavalry insignia is a rectangle of black surrounding the bust of a white horse upon a square of gold. The unit number is written in roman numerals within the golden square. Most of the units are named after swift predators.

COMMANDER'S NOTES:

Since we have very little to go on thus far, an exercise in extreme caution is always advisable. Watch each others' backs, adapt, and overcome as the sitrep changes.

- TRANSMISSION ENDS -

Recieved: OP Comp. 1155 Standard Terran Time

--------------------
Position: Senior Captain | Legionnaires
Current BattleMech: WHF-3B White Flame (Lothos) [Heavy - Quad]
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Saburo Kintaru
post Jun 6 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Crayven Securities, Inc. | MechWarrior

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 6

The area was rife with the smell of burning embers. The entire chamber was filling with smoke adding greatly to the confusion. A faint crimson sheath had faded and blurred my vision. But unfortunately for me, I didn’t last long.

My vision focused on the scene that had haunted me nearly ever night. Before me, ten maybe fifteen meters, the familiar events unfolded. Kei-teh, my brother wrestled manically with General Ren. Everything had slowed down and the crimson filter became more intense with every passing moment. Slowly, but surely, my brother ploughed his sword through Ren’s chest and inevitably, through his own. The two wrestling figures suddenly paused, perhaps hit with the sudden realisation that they were going to die - or rather Ren was. Ren silently screamed, while my brother began to speak words I could no longer hear. Only one scream could be heard. That came from myself, yet it wasn’t who I presently was. I could see myself watching the mangled dance. I could see myself welling up with rage and sorrow. I wanted to comfort the figure that had fallen to his knees in disbelief. Silently, Kei-teh muttered the last comforting words I would ever hear from him.

And just like clock work, the two bodies began to fall into the cavern that would seal their fate. Or that’s what should of happened.

Ren was the first one to act queerly. He jarred and cocked his neck towards me, the viewer. His jaw dropped like a ventriloquist’s doll. Lifeless, glossy plastic eyes stared back at me. Watching me. Observing me. Then Kei-teh followed the same pattern. But as he did, he twisted and contorted the blade that rested in both Ren and himself. They shook violently and awkwardly, as if in great pain. Yet they kept that same, lifeless look.

“YOU let this happen!” screamed the me I was watching. His hands covered his face, with nails that dug in deeply. I tried to answer back, but silence leaked out of my voice.

“OR are you just going to blame him?” he cried, burrowing his fingers in his face. Slowly and painfully, the flesh was ripped off his (my) face, revealing a porcelain mask, with bloodshot eyes. They were more lifelike than the two dolls. The kneeling figure cackled evilly as fresh torrents of blood spilled and pooled on the dirty ground. I tried to scream, but nothing came out.

“Does this displease you? Then I will end this pantomime!” came a booming voice. Suddenly, all the figures on scene feel lifelessly. Thin, near invisible string fell to the floor. They were attached to the dolls, as if they were puppets.

“Now… how do you want to play… puppet?” came the same voice again. I felt a painful tugging at both my arms and legs. As I looked down at my hands, fleshy, gristly lengths of string pulled and yanked at my body. I tried to escape, but I was quickly becoming entangled in this fleshy mess.

“That’s the problem with puppets… once their strings get knotted, you soon become bored of playing with them…” I was suddenly pulled far above the Jade Stone tomb and pulled deeply into the darkness.

“Eventually… you just want to cut those strings that bind them…” I looked up to see a scaly, green hand that clutched tightly to a pair of small wooden sticks to which the body strings were attached to. Another pair of hands came onto the scene, brandishing rusty scissors. No… they weren’t rusty… they were blood stained.

“I’m sick and tired of playing your games Saburo! I WILL CUT THE TIES THAT BIND IF YOU PUSH ME!”

The pair of scissors severed the gristly stings. As the strings were cut, searing pain spread across my body. As I feel, plummeting through the darkness and towards that lifeless stage below, fowl laughter echoed and twisted the dark emptiness. With every fit of hysterical laughter, flickers of Chingely’s face immerged, paralysing me with undeniable fear. Moments before I was about to hit the stage, it changed and distorted into Chingely’s face. The usual smile was missing.

“The medicine is a lie! YOU NEED ME! I DON’T NEED YOU THOUGH!” he roared, opening his mouth after he finished. Those yellow stained, razor sharp teeth shimmered back at me, drawing me closer and closer and closer…

I screamed out loud, soggy from the cold sweat of the nightmare that was. It took several moments for me to realise that I was still alive…

I dabbed at the scar Kei-teh had given to me on that fateful day in my dream. It was the wound that had set me free from Ren’s grasp. Or rather, a stage above the complete grip Ren’s brain damaging work had done. The truth was, I hadn’t been set free. Mr Chingely was still a haunting presence in my mind. He was, indeed, the white in the eye as he had stated over and over. It had been several months since I had been put on the medication Charles had prescribed me, but I was becoming increasingly doubtful it was having any effect. I sighed and leaned forward, pushing my back to the back board of my bed.

“What other choice do I have?” I murmured, my heart still beating a thousand times a minute. As I began to calm down, I glanced at my wall clock. It read 6 o’clock sharp.

“I keep waking up earlier and earlier…” I again muttered, although thankful the illegal tranquillisers were doing their job. On average I was getting a good four to five hours sleep. Not ideal, but better than none.

“Guess it’s time I get up…”

--------------------
Callsign: Alpha Two
+Quote Post
Commodore Benjamin Maxwell
post Jun 6 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #3

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

Group: LEGIONNAIRES
Member No.: 1

Legionnaires' Compound 'Camelot'
Site 187 Missile Complex
Gellen County, Sheratan

"I'll never be able to get used to this feeling, you know."

"What feeling would that be?" I chuckled, as my father and I made our way down the winding corridor which led to Camelot's briefing room. The contract from House Davion had come in while the Crayven Securities delegation was touring our facility, and in the interest of cooperation, they had been invited to take part in the operation.

"The knowledge that this entire structure is contained underground - with absolutely no part of it exposed to the surface."

"That's simply because you're so accustomed to living the high life in corporate skyscrapers," I smiled, as the General and I rounded a bend, and approached the heavy oak doors to the war room. "You're just not used to the absence of clouds around your head."

My father gave me a rare smirk, before motioning for me to proceed into the ampitheatre-styled conference room.

"After you. I'm just along for the ride."

I made my way across the sweeping, marble-and-wood inlet floor, ascending the small flight of steps leading up to the raised podium at the front of the room. It still felt strange to be preparing to address the cadre without the presence of Major Wolf; until our previous operation, all mission briefings had been carried out as a joint effort. I was still getting used to the concept of a solo address. Having my father present only marginally mitigated the level of discomfort I was feeling.

"Ladies and gentlemen," I began, clearing my throat, "if you'll take your seats, we can commence the briefing."

--------------------
Loadout: 1x Large Pulse Laser, 1x Medium Pulse Laser, 2x ER Medium Lasers, 1x Anti-Missile System, Jump Jets
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 7 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #4

LEGIONNAIRES

Member No.: 10

"Ladies and gentlement if you'll take your seats, we can commence the briefing."

I settled down in my seat as the Major began to address us. I shifted a little, as the hair on my neck began to raise. I couldn't place the feeling. Something felt different. It might have been the operation we were about to embark on. I was only able to look over it briefly on my noteputer before coming to the briefing.

I looked around the room. Garrett had just walked in and I motioned for him to sit next to me.

"How's it going Garrett?"

"It's going pretty good Thorn. Glad to be back in an operation."

I chuckled a little and then nodded in agreement. "I definately agree with you on that."

Ben cleared his throat and got our attention. Once again I got an uneasy feeling as we listened to our briefing.

--------------------
Position : Mechwarrior
Callsign :
Current BattleMech : Marauder IIC (Wolf's Teeth) [Assault]
Loadout: 3x ER PPC, 2x Medium Pulse Laser, 4x ER Small Laser
+Quote Post
Saburo Kintaru
post Jun 8 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Crayven Securities, Inc. | MechWarrior

Group: Crayven Securities, Inc.
Member No.: 6

I took a chair towards the back of the briefing room. I knew I wouldn’t have any questions. I just wanted to know the objective and how we would go about achieving that. No questions asked, no bullshit answers. I pushed myself deeply into the back on the plush chair, wishing every other maggot would get in here so that the show could finally start.
I glanced a little over to the left of the podium, just in time to see Charles and Ben exchange a couple words. It had appeared that the merger had been completed, or so I had overheard. These days I didn’t really take in much irrelevant chit chat. Corporate take over‘s, business gossip, canteen prices, staff talks - none of it interested me. As a pawn, I just needed to be told where to go and what to do. End of story.

The small assembly hall began to fill with Legionnaires. One by one, familiar face started to appear. Team mates sat near each other, while closer friends sat next to their comrades, conversing in some irrelevant drivel. But one of them stood out like a sore thumb.

“Well well well, decided to join us after all Grisham?” William Rhodes said, insisting lightly humorous chuckles.

“Well, I couldn’t very well miss out on the action, could I? Besides, this rickety-rockety ship needs some strong glue to keep it together!”

“Oh really? And your that ’glue’, right?”

“You damn well know that’s right!”

The group let rip a cluster of laughter, whilst the red head reluctantly took his seat.

“Yeah… you laugh now, but you wont be when I save your asses!”

I rolled my eyes.

“A mercenary outfit AND a kindergarten… how amusing…” I muttered sarcastically, hoping this meeting would get underway sometime soon…

--------------------
Callsign: Alpha Two
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 8 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #6

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I had perhaps chosen a bad time to oversee the first series of cadets at the Cameron Training Camp; a lot had happened in my absence. The Legionnaire-Crayven merger had been formalized, making the Legionnaires a fairly independent subsidiary of Crayven, but a subsidiary nonetheless. It had been a long time since I’d spoken with many of the Legionnaires, and Sergeant Thorn motioned for me to sit next to him. Hopefully I’d have a chance to kick back with some of my fellow MechWarriors before our departure.

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Aisa Thastus
post Jun 8 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #7

Legionnaires | MechWarrior

Member No.: 46

I walked into the briefing room, my eyes scanning the chamber intensely as I strode toward the frontmost row of seats and eased into a chair directly beside General Maxwell. Noticing my approach, the General nodded respectfully before turning back to face the podium. This would be my first Operation with the Major's father; I was interested in seeing if his mettle on the battlefield lived up to the rumors.

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior
Callsign : Falcon
Current BattleMech : None
Current Inventory : Screwdriver
+Quote Post
post Jun 12 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #8

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

"We've got a good one from the Federated Suns."

The briefing room's lights faded to near-black as an animated, holographic representation of Deneb Kaitos flickered to life. Two smaller orbs - representations of the twin moons Diphda and Shemali - traced elliptic circles around the world, the latter of the two displayed in broken red wireframe.

"The planet Deneb Kaitos. As outlined in your briefing, it is an unremarkable, small world blanketed by grasslands and tundra. The world is controlled by House Davion, and is utterly without strategic value. In fact, the system's only claim to fame is that the Deneb Light Cavalry calls it home, although, with the Blakist invasion underway, their forces are spread exceptionally thin."

The overview zoomed slowly in on the red-highlighted planetoid.

"Approximately 48 hours ago, a detachment of Deneb Light Cavalry remaining in the system reported that the second moon of Deneb Kaitos, Shemali, vanished without a trace. Visual observations from the McDennis Observatory on Deneb Kaitos show that the moon is no longer in its orbit, and stellar observations by high-orbiting spy satellites seem to confirm this preliminary data. Fearing that this may be a trap by the Word of Blake, the governor has recalled the planetary militia to the surface of Deneb Kaitos, and begun the militarization process in anticipation of a Blakist strike. The governor has also shut down the spacelanes in the Deneb sector, and all orbiting vessels have been evacuated."

The overview zoomed out again, and a neon-blue jump approach path was overlaid across the planet. Two lance formations of fighters appeared at the terminus of the path, accompanied by a web of jump detection buoys.

"A detachment of Deneb Light Cavalry aerospace fighters have taken up garrison around the system's jump point, and have taken the recharging station offline to mitigate the possibility that it might fall into enemy hands. The planetary legate has authorized the use of a pirate jump point in order for the joint expeditionary force of Crayven and Legionnaire assets to arrive in immediate orbit of Deneb Kaitos. Immediately following jump-in, the Legionnaires' first task will be to meet with Lieutenant Governor Erica Ravenswood, whom, we have been advised, will outline our mission objectives. To expedite this, the Liberty has been authorized to make planetfall in the governor's private spaceport in the capital of Cetus. Meanwhile, the Crayven Securities DropShip C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice, and the Crayven Securities science vessel C.S.V. Terra Nova will take up garrison with the Cavalry while we are planetside, in order to ward off any unexpected visitors.

"We don't have a whole lot more to go on at the moment. I hope Governor Ravenswood can better enlighten us to what her expectations are upon our arrival.

"Questions?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Garrett Garland
post Jun 13 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #9

Captain | LEGIONNAIRES

Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Without the need to raise my hand, the Major acknowledged me. "Major, I was wondering what assets Crayven Securities will be providing aside from the DropShips; can we expect any mechanized or infantry support?"

I was unsure of the nature of the contract—perhaps it stipulated that we, the Legionnaires, were in fact support for a larger Crayven operation.

--------------------
Position : Captain | LEGIONNAIRES
Callsign : Fox
Current BattleMech : Shadow Hawk [55 tons] [97.2 km/h max] [120 meter jump range]
Loadout : [1x Rotary AC5] [1x LRM-20] [1x Medium Pulse Laser] [2x Streak SRM-2] [AMS] [CASE] [ECM] [JumpJets]
+Quote Post
post Jun 15 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #10

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

"Major, I was wondering what assets Crayven Securities will be providing aside from the DropShips; can we expect any mechanized or infantry support?"

I nodded to Captain Garland.

"The Crayven Corporation will be functioning in a support role on this mission. The C.S.V. Dreams of Avarice will be the only DropShip to accompany us; it will be outfit with four BattleMechs suited to fire support roles, as well as a fifth 'Mech which will be on standby in the event of a contingency. General Maxwell," I paused, nodding to Charles in acknowledgement of his presence, "has advised that the force composition will consist of the General's Daishi Prime, accompanied by twin Arrow IV-equipped MC2-CS-A [i]Mad Cat MK-II fire support OmniMech prototypes. The pair will be supported by a RVN-CS-A4 Raven, which will provide target spotting capabilities for the Omnis. Additionally, the Dreams of Avarice will carry a single CP-CS-A Cyclops as a backup, should the need arise.

"Infantry support will consist of five points of Longinus Battle Armor, equipped with armor-piercing ballistic weaponry ranging from Ravager autocannons to LAW rockets. A Mobile HQ, equipped with a GC-DCIS will be present to better coordinate the movements of the Crayven assets will also be present, along with a recovery vehicle and three Marksman tanks for protection."

"The C.S.V. Terra Nova is a lightly armed science vessel, and will be carrying only a scientific staff aboard. It will not be directed to carry out any activities that do not fall within its specified mission parameters."

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Jun 21 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #11

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

With no further questions presenting themselves, I closed the briefing.

"If there are no further questions, I believe this meeting is adjourned. Additional mission intel and specific objectives will be assigned once we arrive at Deneb Kaitos. The DropShip Liberty is now boarding in the main bay. All crew are to be aboard within five hours. Dismissed."

--------------------
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 23 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #12

LEGIONNAIRES

Everyone got up and shuffled out of the briefing room. I walked down the hall with Garrett catching up with him since he had been gone.

"Lets get something to eat before we head out. One last meal before we eat that awful food on the jump ship."

I made a sour face at the thought of the food we would be getting on the trip. Garrett agreed and we headed to the cafeteria for a quick bite to eat before loading up on the Liberty.

***Longer post coming soon. Didnt have time before work to make this longer.***

--------------------
Callsign :
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Aisa Thastus
post Jun 23 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #13

Legionnaires | MechWarrior

Member No.: 46

Catching up with Captain Garland and MechWarrior Thorn as they made their way down the corridor, I exchanged glances with the pair briefly.

"Captain; MechWarrior."

Garland nodded at me curtly.

"Thastus."

It was clear that the Captain was still not comfortable with presence; even though I had been with the unit for an extended period of time, his mistrust and suspicion was still evident.

"Might I accompany the two of you to the mess hall?"

"As you wish," Captain Garland muttered, quickly turning to make small talk with Thorn as we walked.

Stravag.

--------------------
Position : MechWarrior
Callsign : Falcon
Current BattleMech : None
Current Inventory : Screwdriver
+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #14

LEGIONNAIRES Founder

Group Icon

DropShip Liberty
Legionnaires' Compound 'Camelot'
Outskirts of Gellen's Heights, Sheratan

"Reactor online...sensors online...weapons systems...online. All functioning systems - nominal. Stand by to initiate calibration sequence."

"Roger that - standing by."

A lime-green combat grid splashed across the Liberty's master situation display, the words 'SIMULATION MODE' flashing subtley in the monitor's upper right corner. Multiple wireframe targets winked into existence on the grid, moving into formation on the display.

"Bring autocannons to bear on the lead targets. Get a PPC shooting solution on the second column. Ortiz - can you paint a track on the rear column? Let's take them out with LRMs if we can."

"I'm on it!"

The Liberty was rocked by several low-level explosions as its AMS system detonated a flight of inbound missiles. Moments later, the 3500-ton DropShip returned fire, ripping apart the closest column of fighters with a virtual wall of lead, while severely damaging the second wing of targets. The third formation skated around the LRM barrage, executing a hard evasive maneuver which sent the fighters into a downward spiral. The Liberty's targeting system fought to keep a track on the highly-maneuverable spacecraft, and several of Ortiz's shots flew wide as he attempted to manually compensate for the system's shortcomings.

"Get a track on those fighters, Ortiz! We need to take them out before -"

Sparks exploded from a nearby console, and the Liberty shook violently under a direct hit from one of the fighters. The targeting system automatically selected the offending vessel, and oriented the ship's autocannons to an optimal position. Ortiz squeezed the triggering system repeatedly, sending a spray of depleted-uranium slugs into the fighter's hull. The LRM system screamed a ready notification, and over a hundred long-range missiles spat from the Liberty's hull. Over half of the warheads flew wide, with only a quarter striking their intended targets. The remaining three fighters were torn to pieces, their flaming wreckage spiraling through the cosmos in a spectacular display of color.

"That's it, sir. We got 'em."

I scowled at the post-engagement statistics. The targeting system was still not scoring particularly high numbers. While a couple of flights of fighters was nothing of grave concern, there was no telling what we might encounter upon arrival in the Deneb system, and a dodgy targeting computer was nothing we needed to be contending with in the middle of a firefight.

"Reset the simulation. We're going to keep doing this until we get it right."

--------------------
+Quote Post
MechWarrior Alex Thorn
post Jun 23 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #15

LEGIONNAIRES

Soon Thastus caught up with us as we walked toward the mess hall.

"Captain; MechWarrior."

We both turned. I nodded slightly to the warrior. We both had something in common. We both came from Clans. Maybe not the same Clans, but it was still a similarity.

"Might I accompany the two of you to the mess hall?"

"As you wish."

Garrett then turned and continued our conversation. I nodded again, giving the warrior respect. She will be more of a clanner than I ever will be, I thought to myself.

Soon we reached the mess hall and I placed my order. Soon what looked like mashed potatoes and a chicken fried stake flopped onto my tray. I snarled at the food.

"At least its better than on the dropship." I turned and looked at Garrett as he tried to smile.

"I guess you are right." The three of us finished getting our food and drinks and then sat down at a table. Garrett sat across from me and Aisa. I knew he still didnt trust her, but it didnt bother me. Soon we found ourselves in deep conversation.

--------------------
Callsign :
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:43 AM

subBlack shadows and light edition © 2005 - DreamCaster
Original subBlack phpbb2 style by spectre